Slow WiFi On Marshmallow

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm noticing that since the MM update, my Internet connection isn't as strong or fast as on Lollipop. I've used multiple different networks all with the same results. I hope this is just a software issue, and that it can be fixed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Mmm... then it does sound like a ROM issue. Is the phone carrier-branded? If so, have you reported it to the carrier? Maybe they can confirm if this is a known issue.

Of course the next recommendation would be to hard-reset the phone (but back everything up first if you do, since this wipes out all data in the device), but to be honest not sure if that would really help. Worth a try, though.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't have as strong cell connection on Marshmallow. Went from 4g at home to 3g, but have 4g other locations. I'm on Verizon. Have done a factory reset as well.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Mmm... then it does sound like a ROM issue. Is the phone carrier-branded? If so, have you reported it to the carrier? Maybe they can confirm if this is a known issue.

Of course the next recommendation would be to hard-reset the phone (but back everything up first if you do, since this wipes out all data in the device), but to be honest not sure if that would really help. Worth a try, though.
I have the Verizon note 4.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

How would I go about reporting this issue? Is it on Verizon's support page?