Note 4 not working

lalaleigh13

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Earlier today I was carrying my phone on top of my laptop. It slid off and landed face down on my desk. I checked the screen, there are no cracks on it anywhere. I noticed about 30 mins later that the screen would not come on when I pushed the home button on the bottom of the phone. The LED light is on consistently, flashing slowly from a bright blue to a dimmer blue. I plugged phone in and it does nothing. I have held down the volume down button and the power button and felt it go off. After a few mins when I press the button on the bottom, I feel it start up, but nothing else happens. Please help! Ive only had this phone for 4 weeks as my daughter broke my other one!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Plug it into a wall outlet and let it charge undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then try powering on again by pressing and holding Power for at least 10-15 seconds. If it vibrates but the screen remains dark, then either the screen has been damaged, or a connection got jarred loose. If it's still under warranty and there is no obvious exterior damage, you could try sending it in for warranty repair. But if there's no warranty, you'll have to bring it to a repair shop. Best case scenario would be a loose connection.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a thought....open the phone up and remove your SIM, SD card and battery. Reseat each one firmly in place and fire your phone back up. Probably a long shot but thinking maybe something was jostled inside when it was dropped. Otherwise warranty repair (if applies) or as B. Diddy stated take it to a repair shop. Good luck!

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Most likely the LCD is damaged, you can take it to a UbreakIfix store if one is nearby, they will examine it and give you an estimate for free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles