Higher battery use on Marshmallow

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 4 through Verizon. Since the Marshmallow update I'm noticing much faster battery drain. I have even bought a new battery and results are same with either one. I'll try to attach a screen capture from GSAM Battery Monitor. Should Android System really be using 39% of my battery?
30df2a1e8680923e98151cdbf4dc0f5a.jpg

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

These type of things have been reported by many after the MM update. Some have resolved this by doing one, or both of the following:

1. Enter Recovery do a wipe of the Cache Partition, no data loss will occur.

2. Full Factory Reset, all data loss, back up your important information. I SUGGEST THIS ONE, even though its terrible to do! :-D

Chris

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm, sorry to hear that!

I would suggest maybe going to Best Buy, if possible, and get the Samsung folks to reflash your software. You perhaps got a corrupted download, and the reset only brings it back. You can see if your firmware is on Sammobile.com, and maybe try flashing it on your own, with Odin. Just a thought, its what I'd do.

Chris

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi

These type of things have been reported by many after the MM update. Some have resolved this by doing one, or both of the following:

1. Enter Recovery do a wipe of the Cache Partition, no data loss will occur.

2. Full Factory Reset, all data loss, back up your important information. I SUGGEST THIS ONE, even though its terrible to do! :-D

Chris
Cache didn't do a thing for me. Honestly I don't have time right now to reset my phone. Work, selling houses, looking for new one, etc

So..yeah.. This battery drain Crap is so terrible. I mean my battery life used to be phenomenal. Now I'm charging mid day

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 4 through Verizon. Since the Marshmallow update I'm noticing much faster battery drain. I have even bought a new battery and results are same with either one. I'll try to attach a screen capture from GSAM Battery Monitor. Should Android System really be using 39% of my battery? //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160616/30df2a1e8680923e98151cdbf4dc0f5a.jpg
What other apps are below what's shown in the screenshot? Just because listed apps don't show much usage doesn't mean they're not affecting Android System usage. The problem with having Android System or OS taking up a lot of the battery is that there are other apps that are actually responsible... it just "looks" like they're not because their own percentages are low. Start killing the running apps that are shown... and leave them off for a while to see if Android System usage goes down. Yes, it might be a little inconvenient to shut stuff down, but if you don't start somewhere, you're always going to wonder.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
It is an inconvenience but I recommend factory reset. So it at night when you're home!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz