Is Root/Cyanogenmod stable for Note 4?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming up on almost 2 years of owning my Note 4, and since the news of the Galaxy Note 7 isn't really exciting me (esp since I feel like the battery still won't be replaceable) I'm thinking of finally rooting my phone.

My only experience with Rooting was with the old HP Touchpad, is Cyanogenmod stable with the Note 4? What functionality of my S Pen will I lose? Will it still have it's full pressure-sensitivity in the art programs I have?

Also, any tips on Rooting? Know of any apps to save battery, keep temperature down etc.?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming up on almost 2 years of owning my Note 4, and since the news of the Galaxy Note 7 isn't really exciting me (esp since I feel like the battery still won't be replaceable) I'm thinking of finally rooting my phone.

My only experience with Rooting was with the old HP Touchpad, is Cyanogenmod stable with the Note 4? What functionality of my S Pen will I lose? Will it still have it's full pressure-sensitivity in the art programs I have?

Also, any tips on Rooting? Know of any apps to save battery, keep temperature down etc.?
Best advice that I can give is go to the xda developers forum for your specific variant of the Note 4 to check. T-MOBILE variants have had root and custom ROMs just about since day one where as other variants waited a year or longer and I really can't speak towards any of them (i specifically you the T-MOBILE one for its root ability).

As for cyanogenmod I'm told that pen function is fine but am not sure about sensitivity differences. Expect all baked in pen functions to be gone and/or require 3rd party applications to replace them. I'm speaking with regards to things like smart clipping or screen write etc that you get baked into Touchwiz.

Eremita

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Also camera's image quality (noise specially) is much worse in anything else than Samsung's own camera app, which need Touchwiz-based ROM to work.