Note 4 isnt recognized by pc and is charging very slowly

Mozilla214

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
phone is charging very slow even with quick charged mode turned on. but the thing is that my phone isnt displaying any quick charge notification nor displaying it in the battery settings

* Charging very slowly
* Charging only indicates USB Charging
* isnt recognized by pc
* tried reseting phone and updating & still nothing
* tried various chargers and USB
* also other batteries

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
phone is charging very slow even with quick charged mode turned on. but the thing is that my phone isnt displaying any quick charge notification nor displaying it in the battery settings

* Charging very slowly
* isnt recognized by pc
* also other batteries

Sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting. That being said, could very well be the port itself.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

* Charging very slowly
* isnt recognized by pc
* also other batteries

Fast charging requires that a lot of current ( like 2 A and
a lot of voltage too) be sent to the phone. USB 2 can only supply 500 mA, and USB 3 provides 900 mA and only the Note 3 and S5
even had that charging port. So the PC can only supply a Note 4 with 500 mA maximum. So no PC can supply a Note 4 with fast charge, PCs can't even supply current enough to be equivalent to a normal charger.

fkchang

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Did u use a different cable when changing chargers. I found out that my charge cables suck. I bought an anker and then my laptop could communicate w/the phone and charging worked much better. I'm only buying anker cables now, I used to buy various micro usb cables on sale, and most of the ended up not performing like the anker.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a tablet or another mobile device that you can test your chargers and cables with? Just to make sure that the chargers and cables are all working properly.

If they charge another device just fine, then I'd have to agree mhinc and would look at the port as the next possible culprit.

Mozilla214

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
thank you i tried mostly everything possible and still nothing. i took it to a phone repair and they told me that it may needed to be updated or it may be the cord but after i tried everything above, im going to possibly replace the port and hope it gets fixed @mhinc

Mozilla214

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
i understand what your saying, but on the pc part, the pc doesnt recognize the phone, like it will show its charging, but i cant open it and view any files or anything, it just doesnt show up on the pc. even when i set the phone to MTP mode, which is to transfer files @taife32

Mozilla214

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
yes i used the original cable and charger, one for the s6, i even have a fast charge aukey kit, which makes any quick charge compatible phone charge at that fast rate, and those are good thick cables and various other chargers to make sure @fkchang

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21