Remove Touch/press tracking for PIN code on lockscreen

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I started using PIN for my lock screen, and the only issue is that as I press the PIN number, the button(s) that is press lights up/highlighted briefly with a white background circle. If someone can see me type the code they are able to see clearly which ones I pressed even if I do it fast. Whereas this would be difficult to notice if these buttons didn't light up.

I know there is a setting for the Pattern lock to not show the trail of the pattern so that you can draw it without the Pattern showing on the screen as it is being completed. Is there a setting or a way to eliminate the button highlight on the PIN?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I started using PIN for my lock screen, and the only issue is that as I press the PIN number, the button(s) that is press lights up/highlighted briefly with a white background circle. If someone can see me type the code they are able to see clearly which ones I pressed even if I do it fast. Whereas this would be difficult to notice if these buttons didn't light up.

I know there is a setting for the Pattern lock to not show the trail of the pattern so that you can draw it without the Pattern showing on the screen as it is being completed. Is there a setting or a way to eliminate the button highlight on the PIN?
Unfortunately there isn't. However, You can discretely type in the pin or set a longer pin that makes it hard for people to memorize.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you go to fingerprint lock. I'm older also and I type slower so I went to fingerprint. You can program up to 3 different fingers. You also have a backup password. It is used after you do a restart or reset.
It works real good and unless someone steals your finger, your phone is safe.

The Fatyank

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
The reason I started using the PIN is because the FP lock was causing my phone to keep restarting, (I guess it sometimes conflicts with the Smart lock or something), since I switched to PIN I had no restarts. I would love to use the FP lock but until the issue is fixed in an update or something I will have to use a different method.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, I didn't know you tried FP already. I can't use Smart Lock because I'm using a secure exchange server for my business email and that keeps me from being able to use it. Have you tried FP with Smart Lock turned off? Maybe there is an issue with your trusted credentials.

The Fatyank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463