I can't download large files from internet

Khaled Mahmoud1

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I'm on android 6.0.1 and when I try to download any file with large size like 1 GB for example the download process works fine as long my screen is turned on. But when I turn screen off and leave my phone, the download works in the background for about 20 minutes may be then it stops and when I turn the screen on I found the download isn't working then I have to start the download all over again. This happens if I'm updating large size applications or downloading a file or some games downloading some files. I'm not using power saving option and this also happen when the mobile is on charger

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello
I'm on android 6.0.1 and when I try to download any file with large size like 1 GB for example the download process works fine as long my screen is turned on. But when I turn screen off and leave my phone, the download works in the background for about 20 minutes may be then it stops and when I turn the screen on I found the download isn't working then I have to start the download all over again. This happens if I'm updating large size applications or downloading a file or some games downloading some files. I'm not using power saving option and this also happen when the mobile is on charger
Does this only happen when using a particular WiFi network? Or regardless of network or it being mobile data? Try clearing cache and see if that fixes the problem: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried leaving your phone unlocked and screen on while downloading a large file?

This isn't so much a suggested solution, but a way to see if the download will complete. Might help determine the source of the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC