Screen overlay detected

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I just did a factory reset and now I'm having issues with permissions.

I want to upload pictures to Facebook and I cannot give Facebook permission to access my photos. When I try to do it, I get a "Screen overlay detected" warning, and it tells me that I have to turn it off before I can give it permission, but when I do it still won't work. I tried the same thing with Whatsapp; no permission either. Gallery: same result.

Help!

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I just did a factory reset and now I'm having issues with permissions.

I want to upload pictures to Facebook and I cannot give Facebook permission to access my photos. When I try to do it, I get a "Screen overlay detected" warning, and it tells me that I have to turn it off before I can give it permission, but when I do it still won't work. I tried the same thing with Whatsapp; no permission either. Gallery: same result.

Help!
It takes me to a screen that says "Apps that appear on top", and even if I disable everything I still cannot get permission.

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I must say, I racked my brain for two days, factory reset my phone, and still got that same message. I turned off all app permissions, turned off all app permissions, and still got the same response. I want to thank you, after reading this post, turned off side key panel, and all was right with the world.
Thank You!!

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
My side key panel is always off and I can't enable everything. Some are grayed out and I can't enable them and others, like T-Mobile TV, I just don't use at all. Still I get the screen overlay on almost everything. It's driving me to the point where I'm going to downgrade back to Lollipop.

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It seems that Facebook chathead icons are the culprit. I was having trouble saving a picture from Google, I got the stupid "screen overlay detected" message. I removed the chatheads from my screen and voila. Fixed. I'm guessing THAT's what they mean by "overlay"? I don't use Clean Master, I have my side panel turned off, and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I hope this is the solution.

RiaBrown

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Once I figured out that it was the chatheads causing the issues, I went in to Facebook Messenger and gave it all the permissions so now I don't have that problem anymore. :)

astormsabruin1

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean by side key panel? My daughters Galaxy s5 is having this issue. Only everything is on. Even tried to use a different photo app to open pics. Other apps are also doing same. I am going through the threads now. Thanks in advance for any help.

bigmo555

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by side key panel? My daughters Galaxy s5 is having this issue. Only everything is on. Even tried to use a different photo app to open pics. Other apps are also doing same. I am going through the threads now. Thanks in advance for any help.
I don't know if the s5 has it, but the Note 4 has an option for long pressing the back button to bring up a list of apps on the edge of the screen so that you can have multiple apps open simultaneously. It's a toggle in the settings from the swipe down notifications bar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC