Note 4 will not charge when plugged into wall, however it will charge when plugged into PC

4onejr

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Strange issue that just started yesterday, never have had problems like this with the phone. I have tried multiple outlets, plugs and wires so it is definitely an issue with the phone itself. When off and plugged into a wall, the phone will not display the usual battery icon and will just vibrate constantly. Also, it seems that it is not actually detected by the PC when plugged in. Thank you for any help that is given.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Strange issue that just started yesterday, never have had problems like this with the phone. I have tried multiple outlets, plugs and wires so it is definitely an issue with the phone itself. When off and plugged into a wall, the phone will not display the usual battery icon and will just vibrate constantly. Also, it seems that it is not actually detected by the PC when plugged in. Thank you for any help that is given.

When you say you have tried multiple Outlets and plugs, by plugs do you mean the actual adapter that plugs into the wall?
If you haven't swapped that out, that sounds like the issue

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Since there's an issue when you plug into a wall receptacle and your PC, I'm gonna take a guess that the charging port on your phone is going bad. It could also just be really dirty, so maybe try blowing into the port to knock out any dust that may be built up. If you've got a can of compressed air, then try that.

Also inspect the charging port when you plug your cable into it and when you remove it. Does it wiggle around at all? Could be loose and you may have a short in the internal connection.

If the port is clean and still firmly in place, then I'm gonna guess that it just went bad. Sucks, but these things happen on occasion. Good news is that it can be fixed/replaced for probably no more than $100 or so if your phone is out of warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma