Broken Camera Glass

GreedyAdam91

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a good repair store around Oakville or Halton area for this?

The glass around my rear camera is broken after I dropped it unfortunately. First time any damage in the two years with my phone.

The camera still works great, it has a couple weird dots now showing even when I clean the lens but any help would be certainly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know of a good repair store around Oakville or Halton area for this?

The glass around my camera is broken after I dropped it unfortunately. First time any damage in the two years with my phone.

The camera still works great, it has a couple weird dots now showing even when I clean the lens but any help would be certainly appreciated!

Thanks

Hmmm front glass replacement yes, can't say I have come across many that do the camera glass, but I would guess you could find someone in a booth at Limeridge that could do it. best suggestion is call any places in the area that do screen replacements and see if they can do the glass for the camera. I am sure it's just a matter of ordering in the part.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
eBay... They just pop in and out. I think my last one was $.94?

Oh this is for the rear glass... If it's the front, all I can say is you're darn lucky it wasn't the screen.... Those are probably out there too but for that, if you have insurance it would be worth it to have the store look at it, because it will have to be opened and having any TDoH open your device will only void the warranty.

GreedyAdam91

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it is the rear camera. I'm trying to open some links on Amazon but nothing ships to Oakville. I have watched some videos but I have fat shaky fingers lol I'm sure I'd find a way to make a mistake. Any links someone can provide? Preferably from a reputable source

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Its really not terribly hard to replace it yourself. I've done it a couple of times, before getting a case that recesses the camera somewhat. Got the replacement glass on Amazon. Just be sure everything is squeaky clean, and take a deep breath and let it out slowly while placing it.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
This one seems legit. Good reviews in Amazon.

How To:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcTczEUVAGM

Black Replacement Lens

White Replacement Lens

If you're weary of doing the repair yourself, ask a friend/family member who you have confidence in to do the work for you. Or you could order the part and then take it to any computer/cellphone repair store. You still might pay between $50-100 for labor, but at least you won't pay their retail markup on the part itself. Hell, for $20 you can mail it to me and I'll do it for ya. :D

GreedyAdam91

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I just ordered one from Amazon Canada and I'll watch the videos to replace it. Have to do this so I can sell my phone to put towards my Note 7.

I called this place called Techville in Oakville and they wanted $200.00 to fix it LOL

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I just ordered one from Amazon Canada and I'll watch the videos to replace it. Have to do this so I can sell my phone to put towards my Note 7.

I called this place called Techville in Oakville and they wanted $200.00 to fix it LOL

WOW! That is NUTS considering it's a 3 minute job

GreedyAdam91

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I fixed the glass BUT it looks like the actual camera is scratched or there is something wrong since these odd black dots are still there. The weird thing is, as I zoom in, there's no issues....I dont' know what it is! Driving me nuts. I might just go ahead and buy my Note 7 (CASE 100%) and then send in my Note 4 for repair

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Are the dots right in the center... are they left... are they right? Do they show up in the same place whether in portrait or landscape? Did you use compressed air to blow out the lens area before you installed the new glass?

Naturally, if you zoom, the dots will disappear because the focal length changes. Might just be dust... or even some particles of glass from the broken lens cover. If you're willing, carefully, (don't wreck the adhering tape), pull the glass off again and blow the lens area out with compressed air from a can... just blow it lightly and don't blast it. Take a photo with the lens cover off and check to see if the dots are still present. Personally, I would look for dust or something on the lens first before sending it in to Samsung ($$$$$).

GreedyAdam91

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Are the dots right in the center... are they left... are they right? Do they show up in the same place whether in portrait or landscape? Did you use compressed air to blow out the lens area before you installed the new glass?

Naturally, if you zoom, the dots will disappear because the focal length changes. Might just be dust... or even some particles of glass from the broken lens cover. If you're willing, carefully, (don't wreck the adhering tape), pull the glass off again and blow the lens area out with compressed air from a can... just blow it lightly and don't blast it. Take a photo with the lens cover off and check to see if the dots are still present. Personally, I would look for dust or something on the lens first before sending it in to Samsung ($$$$$).

I might have to try this out. It does kind of seem like there is a small scratch ever so minor but there are multiple dots so it could be dust once again.....I'll try this!