Impressions so far...Note 4 vs Note 7

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So I am setting up my wife's beautiful coral blue Note 7. Huge upgrade from a Droid Turbo in every way except battery.
Anyway, I have been a happy Note 4 user for we'll over a year now.

The Note 7 feels amazing, looks amazing, is responsive and takes great pics. All in it is a wonderful phone.
My Note 4 feels amazing, looks amazing, is responsive and takes great pics.

Sure the 7 looks like a newer phone, but I don't need a case, love the removable back, ir blaster, don't need an eye scanner and don't shower with my phone.

I guess I really appreciate my Note 4 even more now.

There is always the Note 8.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note 4 is still very much an excellent phone. It's served me well for the last 20+ months... all on Kitkat! Like you, the Note 7 has nothing to offer me. Be sure to put a good screen protector and case on that new phone for your wife.

Yes, there's always the Note 8, (they'll have to change the name as there's already a tablet by that name), but unless it has a removable battery and no edges (flat screen), I'll probably pass it too. I'm really hoping some other phone will offer a S-Pen so there is some kind of competition to the Notes. A lot of people try to compare other phones to the Note line, but for some reason, always seem to forget that none of them have an S-Pen. Amazing!

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Same I'm still rocking kit Kat I had the blue coral n7 for 2 days and took it back wasn't happy with it all the complaints about scratching easy and cracking easy I'll pass !

jordyd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Same I'm still rocking kit Kat I had the blue coral n7 for 2 days and took it back wasn't happy with it all the complaints about scratching easy and cracking easy I'll pass !

I wish I could go back to Kit Kat on my N4. The UI looked much better IMO.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Note 4. Best phone I've ever owned. That said, I will be upgrading to the Note 7 in a couple of months. The Note series of phones is a game changer already in the smartphone world, and I think the Note 7 has taken things to the next level.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Instead I decided to pick up another Note 4 (Verizon version) and have since unlocked the bootloader and rooted it
I may end up doing this just to mess around with root... can't take a chance on my one and only Note 4! I haven't rooted a phone for ages! Gotta think about it first though as I may change carriers in a few months. Might go with TMO as they're pretty decent here in Hawaii.

Although I have to admit since my new Verizon Note 4 wouldn't allow reverting to KitKat (came with a version of Lollipop that prevents it even after unlocking the bootloader and root access! Thanks Verizon!
Bummers! Curious though, as I thought they unlocked the bootloader on all VZW Note 4's by basically turning it into a Dev model? Gotta look into this as I haven't visited XDA for a while.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The Note series of phones is a game changer
I think there are a lot of flagships that are equal to what the Note series brings. The stand out is the S-Pen. If other flagships had that, I would certainly be looking at them. Good luck with your Note 7!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12