Slow response time waking phone up

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
For the last day or so it's taking like 3-4 seconds for the screen to come on when hitting either home or power buttons. I've wiped cache and even did a factory reset. Also I'm getting random notifications about the SD card. Any ideas?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you recently changed anything on your phone? New apps, OS, etc? Have you tried removing the SD card to see if its causing the delay? Is it a brand new SD card? MM supposedly has a problem with SD cards... a lot of threads about it on the forum. Not sure if it's an OS problem, but you might search out SD's and MM on the forum or google... if you're on MM.

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Great suggestion. I removed the SD card and it's running smooth as silk. Now if I put in back in it's not even detected. Can that be remedied?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Now if I put in back in it's not even detected. Can that be remedied?
Is the SD new? Can you read the SD on your computer... via a card reader? Hopefully you have one. Have you tried a different SD card in your phone?

If the SD card is new, it might be a fake... it could also be corrupted. The phone will always try to detect if a SD is installed so if something is wrong with it, or with the phone's SD slot, then the OS will cough. Try another SD if you have one.

lagunarad

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
It's a Samsung 64 Gb bought at Best Buy. I've had it for as long as I've had the phone - two years. I stuck it in one of my old phones and it reads just fine. Seems to be only a problem with the Note 4 reading it. I guess I could back it up and reformat it and see what happens.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
If you mean N7 love sickness, the answer is NO! :D I am back because Sprint refused to honor the pricing. So even though they have started the exchange... I asked them to reactivate my N4 and I will buy again later at the right price or never. Freakin' amazing phone/device (I hate phones). It is, battery issue and glass back aside, my favorite of all my Notes.
So... did you get over your sickness? LOL!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
If you mean N7 love sickness, the answer is NO! :D I am back because Sprint refused to honor the pricing. So even though they have started the exchange... I asked them to reactivate my N4 and I will buy again later at the right price or never. Freakin' amazing phone/device (I hate phones). It is, battery issue and glass back aside, my favorite of all my Notes.
Of course... your N7 love sickness! LOL! Glad you like it. I actually have no reason to upgrade to anything so I may be using my Note 4 for a very long time. I'm not feeling too good about the future of the Note 7 though. Resale might be pretty bad in a year or two... left to be seen, of course. By then though, the Note 8 and 9 will be here. I'm sure Samsung will lose a ton of money on this battery fiasco... I hope they readily recover. Well, until you buy again (or never!)... welcome back! :cool:

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
They've already lost a ton! At this point I think that they are just hoping to recover from the brand damage. I will be watching the prices closely. Ammy will have it for almost nothing fairly soon, I think. I don't think the prices will hold the high note they started out with. I was going to get it for roughly 465.00 plus the free GF2, but things happened and it would end up with me paying $704.00 so I said no thanks. They did offer me an additional drop but it wouldn't have taken me far enough to keep me happy. Thanks and it's sort of nice to be back, but I miss my N7 already. Sigh.
Of course... your N7 love sickness! LOL! Glad you like it. I actually have no reason to upgrade to anything so I may be using my Note 4 for a very long time. I'm not feeling too good about the future of the Note 7 though. Resale might be pretty bad in a year or two... left to be seen, of course. By then though, the Note 8 and 9 will be here. I'm sure Samsung will lose a ton of money on this battery fiasco... I hope they readily recover. Well, until you buy again (or never!)... welcome back! :cool: