Note 4 front panel is not glued well

Arvind Puryag

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. My Note 4 front glass is coming off by itself. I had a replacement of screen done by samsung itself but it looks as if the screen isnt glued well. My question is simple(i dnt want samsung to open my phone again)
1.Should i remove just the front panel and put some adhesives then try sticking it again
2.Should i start by removing all 16 screws at the back then detach the parts one by one and glue the screen

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hate to say it, but the best thing you can do is have Samsung redo it. They messed up and should be the one to fix it. If you attempt the repair yourself and make matters worse, you'll have to live with it as Samsung will probably just blame it on you. Your call, of course.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I second nahoku on this. If Samsung did the repair they are responsible for doing the repair properly. If they botch it up again, they are on the hook for making it right again. If you botch up trying to fix their repair, then it becomes your problem.

Since they made the mistake, I would hope they would at least expedite fixing it or do a refurb exchange this time so you don't lose access to your phone again.

melmc1403

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey!
I would def go back to Samsung and get them to fix it. If you touch it at all they will say it's been tampered with and won't fix it for you. It's their fault so they should be the one to fix it.

Thanks
Mel

Arvind Puryag

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I returned the note 4 to samsung customer aftercare service they took 3 more weeks BUT...WHEN i got it wasnt glued well still--then i reserched on the net i had to buy some replacement parts off ebay and i tried to fix it myself--though its a very simple repair still it does not glue well--i can feel it moving a bit around the right down corner now

Arvind Puryag

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I just dnt know why its like this or if ever other people got the same problem i mean if they exchanged their front glass lcd and got a loose screen forever--im thinking maybe the replacement pre-cut adhesive for lcd panel note 4 i got off ebay for 3 usd isnt strong or isnt genuinely good--i plan of buying a better pre cut adhesive and see of it fixes it and if the problem persists i might exchange the middle frame--thats the best two solutions i think---and yes samsung warranty i dnt want to leave my mob for so long

Last edited by a moderator:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Understood that you didn't want to lose your phone for that amount of time, but a real bummer that Samsung didn't correct the problem the SECOND time. I would call them and tell them it is time for a warranty exchange. The worst they can say is "no", but they messed up a repair twice, and that is not up to their standards for sure. I would think they would want to make it better.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently experiencing the exact problem in the exact location. I had a motherboard issue which was covered under my Telus warranty, and less than a week later, the lower right corner started lifting. I sent it back under the same claim and I received it about a week later, problem solved.

Or so I thought. It's starting to lift off again. I don't want to lose my Note for another week and use my GS3 again, so I'm thinking of just having it repaired locally. But at the same time, I don't want to jeopardize my warranty.

So confusing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay