Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910T)

Clayton Olson

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a note 4 for T-mo with Android 6.0.1 installed. I installed marshmallow as soon as it was available and have had no issues with it until now.
The issue? I can't take screen shots anymore. Every time I try to, I get an error that says.... Unfortunately, System UI has stopped. I have to press Ok 3 to 5 times before the error goes away for good. I was able to take screen hots for quite some time after the marshmallow update, so this is a fairly new problem. I haven't installed any new apps for quite some time, but that doesn't mean it's not an app issue, but i wouldn't know which one. Also, I went into recovery and wiped the cache, but that didn't fix the issue. Does anyone have a clue why this error has cropped up?

Thanks!

Clayton

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you have an SD card inserted, try unmounting it (in Settings>Storage) and removing it. Then reboot the phone (doesn't have to be Safe Mode). Still not working?

Clayton Olson

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help dude! I was hoping not to have to do a factory reset seeing as I am not rooted, so no Titanium backup. If it comes to having to use Odin, I've used it before on S3's in the past, but I appreciate the link to the how to.....it's been awhile!

I haven't checked in quite some time, but are there any non root backup apps similar to TB that you would recommend?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to think this is a bug in Marshmallow. There are similar posts on the forum and I don't think all were Samsungs. I don't get that issue on my S6 Edge

Clayton Olson

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'll check out my settings and see what happens. Thanks for the idea Javier, I appreciate it!

Edit: I disabled the all motions and gestures but unfortunately that had no affect. I guess a reset is my only option. It's not going to be fun! Thanks guys for the ideas, I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463