Drinking the Tears of the Note 7 Owners : )

Note4Ever

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
HA HA ! ( nelson laugh )

Last month I sat down and I made a choice that few people would ever make ... I looked at the trend in modern phones , I looked at how I use my phones and then I made the decision to purchase two brand new Galaxy note 4's ...

It was hard to get over not having the latest and greatest ( tech nerd at heart ) but I did it ... People didn't understand why ...They were all like "That's obsolete technology " or " Why don't you just get the 7 "....

I looked at the 5 where they took AWAY features and I was like WHAT !?!?!

Then I looked at the 7 ( skipped the number 6 to be COOL ) , and saw how they reintroduced the Mico-SD slot as if it was a new feature ..Sure the phone was PRETTY , but what do I care about pretty phones ? I drop a grand on them cash and then put them in cases so I can protect my investment ( I don't waste money on insurance ) .Let me tell you something , I've NEVER impressed a single girl with a shiny phone , marketing likes to say otherwise but that's not how the real world works .

I and many others SCREAMED at Samsung during the development phase of the 7 to not seal in the batteries ( I came from a note 3 ) but Samsung said it was the way of the world ... and in their ever copying quest to be JUST LIKE APPLE , they've taken a shotgun to their foot and pulled the trigger .... if I had wanted an I-phone I would have bought one ... I don't go swimming with my phone ... I don't hold my phone up to the light to admire how shiny it is either ...

They should have remembered who the Notes were for , let the iPhone wannabes have the S7 ....but they didn't listen to us ...

and now i'm going to drink ALL their tears ... maybe i'll flash my Rom to the note 7 , that would be so much more ironic ...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The Note7 situation is unfortunate but this is thread is no way to have a constructive discussion about it.

Note4Ever

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
There is nothing to discuss , we've been vindicated .

The entire note 7 line is destroyed .

Those of us who were TRUE note fans implored Samsung not to seal in the battery and go the way of apple , they refused to listen to us , they wanted to be "more mainstream" They stopped making the phone for the folks who had brought the line to where it was today .

The note 4 was the break where Samsung went off the deep end .

i'm not crazy because I want a removable battery , There's nothing wrong with me if I don't care that my phone isn't pretty ...

It's about Substance over style ...

and now we can see where STYLE has lead the note line .

I'm sure it's painful for a note 7 owner to read this , but over the last few years it's been just as painful for us who LOVE the note line to see it perverted so .

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't see nothing wrong with this thread, it's unfortunate indeed, but this is his opinion..I'm a note line fan myself, but have been widely disappointed in the last 2 notes....The note 4 is still one of the superior phones on the market due to its specs and battery (removable) capabilities. I actually got a 2nd N4 myself..lol...maybe with the battery issue, Samsung will reconsider it's battery removal and change things for the Note 8, if there is one...lol

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I tend to agree with the sentiments of the OP as I would never upgrade (?) to the Note 5 or 7 for the same reasons. However, at the same time I feel bad for the Note 7 owners. I'm sure they feel the same way about the Note 7 as we do about the Note 4. That said, I also agree with Ry that this thread serves no constructive purpose. There's no need to rub salt in people's wounds, and what's happening with the downfall of the Note 7 is not cause for any kind of celebration.

EDIT... I would like to ask a Mod to move this thread out of the Note 4 forum. It should go into Phone Wars or General discussion. Thanks!

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes I cringe when people call the Note "outdated."

If that's the case, every gadget you buy is outdated because there's a new one being released next week. And don't even get me started on cars, the second you drive it off the lot, 30% of the value is GONE. (Okay maybe not so much, but you get my drift.)

It may not be the newest kid in town, but it's far from obsolete. It still runs every app on the Play Store. If you're into rooting, there is a huge community that still supports it. The battery life is good out of the box and phenomenal when modified. You can swap batteries on the go, etc.

Sure it doesn't have the latest tech, but it houses tech that still works GREAT from time of release. There are a dozen threads about the Note 7 lagging. Phones will lag from time to time. Nothing is immune to it.

I do feel bad for affected owners, though.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
"I'll take a look at the 8"
I cannot imagine that Samsung would bring out another model in a brand that had lost it billions. I'm not saying that they will go back to washing machines, there will be phones but maybe the Samsung name will be gone and they will be called happyphone with smartpen or something like that.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
"I'll take a look at the 8"
I cannot imagine that Samsung would bring out another model in a brand that had lost it billions. I'm not saying that they will go back to washing machines, there will be phones but maybe the Samsung name will be gone and they will be called happyphone with smartpen or something like that.

They are having issues with washing machines catching fire too. Just saying.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, every gadget you buy is outdated because there's a new one being released next week.

Including the circa-2009 Radeon HD 4250? Ha, just messin' with ya! ;)

I do feel bad for affected owners, though.

Yeah, it's gotta really stink coming down from something that is probably the current pinnacle of smartphone technology - except for the tiny detail of maybe it'll burn up and hurt someone. I was not very interested because I'm still one of those stubborn replaceable battery holdout - but dang the Note 7 checked every other box for me, including several boxes I had to draw in so I could check them. I have to imagine for day-to-day use it would be hard to set the Note 7 back down once you are used to that kind of awesome and be forced to go to anything else in the market at the moment.

It'd be like going to the dealer to get your car repaired and getting a Veyron for a loaner.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Former Note 7 owner here, I had the Note 4 before and loved them both.

I was one who wanted water resistance over the removable battery, and I still do. I hope the Note 8 is a clone of the Note 7, but with the software, processor, and RAM boosts that will surely be due. Having had the Note 7 for the last two months, it was FAR better than the Note 4 in every way, short of it's obvious fatal flaw. But if you look past that fatal flaw for one moment, the Note 7 was a much better phone overall. I loved my Note 4, but it's tough to come back to it from the 7. The software is terribly outdated and the removable battery is fantastic because I have to swap it out at least twice in a day otherwise it'll be dead by early afternoon. I've factory reset and bought two brand new batteries and this thing still sucks the battery dry. And it's not any of my settings, because I'm sitting at work with no Wi-Fi after just getting back from AT&T, and the battery is still dropping rapidly. I haven't updated any of my apps or installed any of them due to no wi-fi.

In some ways, It's fun to come back to the Note 4. I had many good memories with it. But overall it leaves me with a sick feeling to take such a massive step backward. I don't like form over function, I always argued with people who demanded glass phones. I was fine with the functionality of plastic. But no one would shut up about it, so Samsung finally made that switch. And then we all got boned.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Former Note 7 owner here, I had the Note 4 before and loved them both.

I was one who wanted water resistance over the removable battery, and I still do. I hope the Note 8 is a clone of the Note 7, but with the software, processor, and RAM boosts that will surely be due. Having had the Note 7 for the last two months, it was FAR better than the Note 4 in every way, short of it's obvious fatal flaw. But if you look past that fatal flaw for one moment, the Note 7 was a much better phone overall. I loved my Note 4, but it's tough to come back to it from the 7. The software is terribly outdated and the removable battery is fantastic because I have to swap it out at least twice in a day otherwise it'll be dead by early afternoon. I've factory reset and bought two brand new batteries and this thing still sucks the battery dry. And it's not any of my settings, because I'm sitting at work with no Wi-Fi after just getting back from AT&T, and the battery is still dropping rapidly. I haven't updated any of my apps or installed any of them due to no wi-fi.

In some ways, It's fun to come back to the Note 4. I had many good memories with it. But overall it leaves me with a sick feeling to take such a massive step backward. I don't like form over function, I always argued with people who demanded glass phones. I was fine with the functionality of plastic. But no one would shut up about it, so Samsung finally made that switch. And then we all got boned.

Agree with you. While the Note 4 is still a good device, it is nowhere near the NOTE 7 in functionality stability, battery life, software, form factor and the list goes on. Sure it is a 2 year old device but you can tell it is a 2 year old device, even with all the latest software updates and enhancements. I am back to using now as well considering I had to return the Note 7 but as others have mentioned, this will be temporary until the Note 8 comes (if it ever does) or whatever the name of the new "Note" series will be

Nonetheless though, the NOTE line has no equivalent

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
After a few tweaks I am getting much better battery life without having to "baby sit."

I use my phone for texts, occasional browsing, phone calls and light social media consumption.

I have an iPod for music and a 3DS for games when I'm on the go.

The phone literally hit 5 SOT before it died. Very impressed for its age! Guess custom software really does work wonders.

Attachments

• 10070.jpg
    10070.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 66

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from my Note 4 to the Note7. Overall the N7 was a great upgrade from Display, Camera, SoC, USB tech, FPS to the Software.

I am happy to go on using my Note 4, its still a fantastic smartphone, arguably still up there with the best of them, but I am not amused by the Note7 debacle, its a shame as it means the iPhone 7 Plus will dominate the Phablet space as the 6 Plus did last year thanks to Note5's retarded limited global release.

Samsung have played themselves again.

They need to get both S8 Edge and Note8 bang on right next year.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from my Note 4 to the Note7. Overall the N7 was a great upgrade from Display, Camera, SoC, USB tech, FPS to the Software.

I am happy to go on using my Note 4, its still a fantastic smartphone, arguably still up there with the best of them, but I am not amused by the Note7 debacle, its a shame as it means the iPhone 7 Plus will dominate the Phablet space as the 6 Plus did last year thanks to Note5's retarded limited global release.

Samsung have played themselves again.

They need to get both S8 Edge and Note8 bang on right next year.

Rumors are that Samsung is discontinuing the Note line entirely.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Rumors are that Samsung is discontinuing the Note line entirely.

I hope that's all it is.
Just a rumor.

I don't use my S-Pen all the time, but there's nothing else like it...

Eventually I'll want to upgrade from this Note 4. If they truly discontinue the Note I hope they at least have an S series with a 5.7 inch screen.