Anyone got a good valid tutoiral for Rooting Note 4 version 6.0.1?

PedgeJameson

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Anyone out there have a link to a root tutorial and files that's valid and works ok? I do everything right but get a "Failed".

"Queue Price is Right" sound.

TYIA

Lasse58

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Anyone out there have a link to a root tutorial and files that's valid and works ok? I do everything right but get a "Failed".

"Queue Price is Right" sound.

TYIA

Here you go
1.Download latest TWRP img.tar file for your model from here - https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxynote4qualcomm.html and keep on the PC
2.Download latest supersu (2.71) from here - https://download.chainfire.eu/932 and put in SD card
3.Flash TWRP through odin - Untick reboot option in odin
4.After completing TWRP flash through odin, turn off phone by pulling out battery

5.Boot into recovery by pressing volume up+home+power button
6.Optional - Backup EFS and modem
7.Flash Supersu 2.71.zip from SD card
8.Your phone is rooted, Reboot

NOTE important to pull your battery out

Last edited:

PedgeJameson

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Guys, I really, all of you, everyone, I appreciate. But it seems alot of you have been posting from google searches. This is a really outstanding community, but helping from google searches is not a good thing. :D

I really just need, if possible, someone who knows if the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Verizon with 6.0.1 or whatever his name can be rooted. Syn you got the closest. ;) If you fellas have the knowledge, thank you, (once again, no offense)but no google techs, ok? :D

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Everyone here is trying to help you and all you can do is keep posting this "no offense" comment. Is there something you need to apologize for? Learn to search, yes, Google, and don't expect to be spoonfed information. Start at XDA. In case you haven't heard... XDA is the premiere rooting community.

These two comments tell me how much you "appreciate" the help you've been given. How do you think most people get information in the first place?
but helping from google searches is not a good thing.
but no google techs, ok?

I personally know that Synycalwon recently rooted one of his Note 4's, so the information he posted was from his own experience. I can also guarantee he did his own legwork while investigating the root. He wasn't here asking how to find ODIN, for God's sake!

You post at XDA with your attitude, you'll be lucky to get any responses at all.

PedgeJameson

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
No offense means....No offense, don't call me out or decide what kind of angle I am going for with help.
And that last comment was just uncalled for.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
All I did on my Note 4 and Note Edge was to reset to factory, boot into download mode, flash TWRP. If the ROM that I want to use already has Super SU installed, I copy the ROM to my SD card and then flash it using TWRP. Phone is now rooted.

I have the T-Mobile versions.

PedgeJameson

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
This phone is just poo poo then, whats the new LG that there pushing, were thinking of upgrading to that one, or verizon just going to block me there too? Is the company known it?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
This phone is just poo poo then, whats the new LG that there pushing, were thinking of upgrading to that one, or verizon just going to block me there too? Is the company known it?

So far from what XDA says, there is no root yet for the V20 on Verizon. You should keep an eye out on that site.

Also, you should do you own reading on that site. You can find out things faster than asking here since people go there for anything involving rooting Android phones.

Last edited:

PedgeJameson

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
FYI, this is only for the unlocked global Note 4 models (ex. N910C, F, G, H, etc.). It won't work for the Verizon Note 4 (N910V) due to its locked bootloader.
Well you tried, and thanks, and I do mean that, people can't can detect sarcasm at a whim, I really wanna ty for taking the time to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair