Wifi won't turn off??

Alec Sanchez

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
HI guys, new here but I have a galaxy note 4 running Android 6.0.1 and it seems that when I go to turn off my wifi, it won't turn off. I constantly tries to turn on and off. And I can't keep it off. I can only keep it on. Any help would be appreciated. This is driving me nuts. Already tried a factory reset, and that didn't help.

Andrewks

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
HI guys, new here but I have a galaxy note 4 running Android 6.0.1 and it seems that when I go to turn off my wifi, it won't turn off. I constantly tries to turn on and off. And I can't keep it off. I can only keep it on. Any help would be appreciated. This is driving me nuts. Already tried a factory reset, and that didn't help.

My note 4 started doing this too within the last few days. I've found nothing online that helps. I did recently update to the October 2016 security patch through an over the air update from T-Mobile. I'm starting to suspect it has something to do with that update. If anyone comes up with a work around I'd appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved from the Marshmallow forum to the Note 4 forum.

When you say your wi-fi is turning on by itself, do you only see it on in the Settings>Battery graph, or does the actual wi-fi toggle switch goes on? Andrewks's solution is a good one, but when wi-fi scanning is turned on to improve accuracy, I believe it turns on wi-fi in the background, and doesn't show the actual toggle as being on. So if you're seeing the toggle turning on, then it's probably not the solution for you (although it's still worth trying).

Alec Sanchez

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Andrewks just shut off the WiFi scanning in location services and from what I see now it that it has worked. And to answer B. Diddy the actual toggle from the notification / toolbar was actually like fading G on and off. But like I said Andrewks solution worked as of right now. The for the help guys, this was driving me nuts. ☺️☺️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance