Remove bloatware Music app

kirrwed

May 7, 2015
Visit site
My music app keeps auto-starting if start my car and bluetooth is on. I'd really like to just get rid of the app if there's no easy solution otherwise. How can you delete the app? When I go into Application manager, everything is grayed out, including Disable.

bloat.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You cant' unless you root. Also, try this: Unpair your phone with your car and make sure no mention of the car system is in your phone (unpair if needed). Now open your music player of choice (note that not all players support BT auto-open, so that might not work!) and play something. Now pair your phone back to your car.

Did that help?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that. Also, how do you "root"?

Like Axel said, rooting is not something to take lightly. It's basically unlocking your phone's doors and allowing the system (and anything in it) to fully access (read, write, modify) the core files of your phone. If you do this, you're more vulnerable to malicious apps if you don't know what you're installing, but mostly, you're capable of deleting files that are essential for the device to work (you normally wouldn't even be able to touch these, but with root, these security measures are gone). And if you delete or modify the wrong thing, your phone won't be able to 'come back' at all (this is 'bricking').

Scary stuff out of the way, if you do your research and you feel like you understand the risks and processes of rooting, you CAN also do very cool stuff with your phone since you can modify things and add features or remove annoyances that would otherwise be locked down. Again, this means that you know what you're getting into and accept the risks that come with it. (Not to mention that, in most cases, tampering with the software in this way automatically voids your Warranty)