nougat update.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Apparently some mid-range from 2014 is getting it. Mid... Range.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.gsmare...nuary-amp-22319.php?client=ms-android-verizon

That is BS. The Note 4 was one of the worst treated flagship I've ever owned.

If the Note 4 doesn't get Nougat I wouldn't be surprised. But it SHOULD get it if some random phone from a budget lineup is getting it.

Especially considering the fiasco that is the Note 7. Many users jumped back to the 4. Where is the support?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That would be amazing to get Nougat, and seemingly appropriate given Samsung's Note 7 debacle.

I have some serious doubts it'll actually happen with the Note 4, though. Samsung is very unlikely to keep an older phone like ours current for fear that we'll want to stay with it and not buy the latest shiny. :)

ozozznozzy

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
Or you can download the Emotion OS ROM that is Nougat 7.1.1 and working spectacularly on the Note 4. The Verizon and T-Mobile models work best with the ROM but some others work well too. Sprint is having lots of troubles though.

Biga173rd

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I heard the Note 4 will received the update later on this year once all the newer flagship devices gets it first. I got that information from other sites. Now my main question is will the Note 4 with the new update finally going to include the Gotdamn theme store??

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard the Note 4 will received the update later on this year once all the newer flagship devices gets it first. I got that information from other sites. Now my main question is will the Note 4 with the new update finally going to include the Gotdamn theme store??

Personally, I think having Nougat on the Note 4 is wildly optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I'm really hoping for it - but I sincerely doubt they would offer a technically 3-generation-old (okay, 2 if you discount the Note 7) model another software refresh about the same time as its great grandchild is coming out. Sammy has always done a 2-year support deal except for security patches.

Having said that, they would be doing it with the clear knowledge that their old hardware ain't gonna compete with the new stuff, so if they do something that great they would probably leave the theme song in (or, at least, in a world of optimism that includes Nougat for the 4, we might as well say, "sure, Theme Store, too. Why not?") ;)

Samsung would really please us Note 4 holdouts, but it is not in their best interests to keep us happy with our phones. New shiny has to sell. LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87