Samsung Note 4 won't boot. [SOLVED]

Overdrive458

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello, after charging my Note 4 a couple of hours ago, I have been unable to boot it. I was having issues like this before and replaced the battery. I did not replace it with a counterfeit Samsung battery from amazon, I chose one from Powerbear which was on sale at £15, it has great reviews and has been great until now (have had the battery since 18th Jan). I am starting to wonder if maybe it could be a defect with my phone, the battery has a two year warranty so no need to worry on that front, however I have had my phone for two and a quarter years so it is possible that it is the phone.

SOLUTION:
I found a solution though. Taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 1 minute or so and then place it back in and it should power on. If not do the same but after do not pit the battery in wait for 10 min's and then put it in.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 4 won't boot.

Welcome to Android Central! When you say that you were having issues like this before, do you mean that the phone wouldn't power on with the previous battery, and so you replaced it? Does the screen light up when you're charging to show you the battery charging icon? Have you already tried pressing and holding Power for at least 15 seconds?

Overdrive458

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 4 won't boot.

Welcome to Android Central! When you say that you were having issues like this before, do you mean that the phone wouldn't power on with the previous battery, and so you replaced it? Does the screen light up when you're charging to show you the battery charging icon? Have you already tried pressing and holding Power for at least 15 seconds?
Thanks. Yes, the previous battery was having issues so I replaced it. I found a solution though. Taking the battery out and pressing the power button for 1 minute or so and then place it back in and it should power on. If not do the same but after do not pit the battery in wait for 10 min's and then put it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21