WTF is wrong with this phone?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Someone please help me with this issue of downloading emails. I got two messages from Magic Jack that come to my email account. I tried to open them and it says I have to download the file so I press load file and it just spirals that little circular Arrow spirals for minutes on minutes on minutes until I give up and come back later. I don't know what's wrong because this does not happen on my Galaxy Note 2 or my LG G Pad 8 which is the worst device ever. I don't know what to do or why this is happening. All the servers and ports are identical between the three devices. Is this something systemic with the standard email program on the Note 4. Am I the only one having this problem?

I just went to my Note 2 and opened up both of these emails and it asked me to download them, that took two seconds and they were ready. When I went back to the Note 4 one of them came up pretty quickly after I had tried 3 or 4 times earlier and the other, it's just that same circular arrow. I was counting for two minutes and gave up. Does this phone need to go back to Samsung so the insides replaced like I had to do with the Note 2?

I have lots of contracts, 4,500 and they're all on Google and unfortunately they're on Outlook.com also. I'd like to get rid of the Outlook.com contacts that are just duplicates. It's there anyway to do that in one action without having to pull the duplicates out from each contact and delete them?

dlcpa

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of messages from Magic Jack are these? Are they emails from the Magic Jack company, or are they SMS messages sent to your Magic Jack number, which then show up as emails?

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I've had this type of issue with my AOL emails not downloading in the past. I don't know if you've tried already, but i deleted the troublesome email account and re-added it and resynced (default settings) and now I don't have any downloading issues.

Have you tried downloading these emails both on and off wifi?

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
B. Diddy, they're audio files that are tiny, 36 seconds. It just happened with a recent Jet Blue email for $44 flights. It happens a lot.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Axel, same on LTE as WiFi. I haven't removed and restarted the email account. I guess that should be the next step.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I just removed the account, it's a GoDaddy account that works fund in the other device, I restarted after I removed it and tried the Stars Aligned Jet Blue $44 flight email. I got the circular arrow and gave up after 3 minutes. I bet if I go back to it in an hour or two, it will be fine but that's ridiculous. It might have begun after Android 6, now I have 6.01.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
B. Diddy, they're audio files that are tiny, 36 seconds. It just happened with a recent Jet Blue email for $44 flights. It happens a lot.

I'm still not clear on what the emails containing these audio files are supposed to be. You mentioned they were from Magic Jack -- were they emails from the Magic Jack company that are advertising their services? Or do you use Magic Jack, and these emails are text messages sent to your Magic Jack number, converted to emails?

Also, does that JetBlue email have attached files as well, or is it just a normal email?

One other thing -- does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke