Anyone thinking about upgrading to the Huawei Mate 9?

trinisuprazee

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I've stayed true to the Note 4 since the first day it came out. I've not found another phone that gives me the external memory, pen, and removable battery. However, after sending back about 4 phones now for multiple problems (phone crashes when taking photos, battery dying etc.) i'm thinking its time to bite the bullet and get something newer for less than what a new Note would cost.

There's nothing in the current or foreseeable future in the Samsung lineup that appeals to me so i've ventured else where an came across a lesser known brand phone with solid build and components.

SPECS: Kirin 960 processor, 4000mAh (safely charges the device for a full day’s power* in 20 minutes), 4K video.

The phone looks like a beast! Anyone else leaning towards this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I was/am a Sammy guy. Have had every Galaxy or Note since the S3 to the Note7. I recently bought the Mate 9. First phone to make me happy since the Note7. I tried the V20, V20, S7 edge, Pixel XL, etc. This phone is a beast and looks and handles everything beautifully. You will not be upset.

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
8993436c792af60d9ae2a7a61602bf25.jpg

Almost at 5 hrs SOT with a quarter of the battery left. This is awesome...

trinisuprazee

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. The size is a huge plus for me. I want to stay big without being ridiculous.

Do you see any down sides?
How long will this phone get android OS updates?

joshwilks

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
The S8 and Note 8 don't appeal to you? Not saying there's anything wrong with the Huawei but if you have the cash the new Samsung's will be their best yet by far.

trinisuprazee

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
the S8 no the Note8 yes but that will not be out until end of this year if i'm not mistaken. They also command a premium which given all the issues I've had with this phone I can't really continue to justify. Not to mention being left behind for an update in the next few years. They would really have to blow my mind.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton