Wi-Fi Randomly Turning Off (AT&T)

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I've got an AT&T Note 4 that has recently taken to randomly turning off Wi-Fi when I'm at home. This started happening around the same time that I got the most recent update from AT&T...like a week ago...so I'm assuming there's a connection there. Anyone else experiencing this? Any known fix for it?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Try going into settings and location, then advanced, look for Bluetooth and Wifi , turn those off and then power cycle the phone and see if its fixed.
I know on my TMO note 4 and S7 edge i found a bug that was similar to what your mentioning. My phones also got hot and had bad battery life during this bug.
By disabling the Wifi and bluetooth location settings all went back to normal.

Brew Swayne

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Gave that a shot but it didn't work. I think I figured out the culprit though...the IFTTT app. I had an applet set on there to automatically turn wifi on/off whenever I entered/left my home. Been using it well over a year and never had an issue, but it seems like there's a glitch in the location services with that app and it keeps changing my home location, thus turning off wifi since it's reading it as if I'm not home. Disabled those applets in IFTTT a couple days ago and haven't had a problem.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463