how connect to hdmi tv

speedspeed

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hi
bought a micro usb to hdmi adapter
but when I connect him to the hdmi from the tv its not displaying any image
do I need to do something in the settings?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you get the correct adapter? You need an MHL 3.0 (11 pin) adapter for TV output to work with the Note 4. Also, it has to be a 'powered' adapter, which means you'll have to plug an external power source to the adapter, then plug the adapter to your phone, then plug the HDMI cable to your TV.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Without knowing the model number of having manufacturer info from the first one I can't really tell, but the second link does say that it works with Note 4 and that it includes the 11-pin connector that's MHL 3.0 compatible so it should. But again, since I haven't used it personally or heard of the brand, I can't say for sure that it will.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
mhl.png

you need what is called micro usb to hdmi mhl adapter where the HDMI goes to the TV, the USB can also goes to the tv, the device needs a 5VDC power and the micro usb goes to the bottom of the note 4

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 254536

you need what is called micro usb to hdmi mhl adapter where the HDMI goes to the TV, the USB can also goes to the tv, the device needs a 5VDC power and the micro usb goes to the bottom of the note 4

Problem is that there are TWO common types of these cables. MHL 2.0 and MHL 3.0. The first Samsung phones that supported MHL used the first, but then they switched to the latter, and the newer is not compatible with the older as they changed the pinout.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1