why doesnt the touch work on my note 4 but it works with the stylus

A

AC Question

I fixed my own note 4 screen and everythimg worked 100% then out of nowhere the screen doesnt react to my finger.yet it does to my stylus.i took everything apart and cleaned it real good but it still doesnt work....is there some sort of app that can guide me to what might be wrong with my phone..or any suggestions

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The touchscreen works differently than the S Pen, so either something went wrong with your screen replacement, or the replacement screen you got has a faulty digitizer.

brandonch33se

Feb 9, 2017
Visit site
Hello!
Same problem. Last year my touch screen wouldn't respond, but stylus worked. So I just used the stylus (yes, it got annoying as HELL eventually). I was fine saving money and not replacing the digitizer, but alas I inevitably lost the stylus :/

Annnyywaayy (sorry for rambling), I have a new cheaper phone. I only require music storage, Gmaps, and a decent browser am Im happy. Still.. I miss my blazing fast Note 4. What are my options? Im thinking:

-Order a new stylus from.. wherever I need to order it (I know they are unique to each phone)
-Connect Note4 to some peripheral... keyboard/mouse, ps/xbox controller, mac pro/toshiba laptop
-Talk to Cricket (carrier) about some sort of trade? (Cricket sharing ATT's towers makes life easy) But I doubt they'll want a broken phone. And if fixed, I can simply pop SIM card in Note 4 no hassle.

Ideally, I'd like to replace the digitizer without spending too much. Any thoughts on where, how, price? I've been quoted $280+ from unreputable sources, even more from legit repair shops... How much would a stylus cost?

At&t Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910a)
^That's probably all you need to know, but for specs:
Specs - AT&T Cell Phones SM-N910A | Samsung Cell Phones

Lastly, this isn't an old phone and I want to save it. Yes I did purchase it 4 years ago upon release but thankfully I bought insurance, because the charging port broke a last year (within DAYS of the contract ending) - AT&T begrudgingly mailed me a refurbished phone, which I quickly sent back and exchanged again for a BRAND NEW phone, as stated in the contract/insurance (At&t service is.. quite an experience. Avoid them mo'fuggas like the plague) So yes, only a year or so old.

Any thoughts/ideas much appreciated. Thanks guys

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue with my Note 4. Best thing to do is to get it replaced under insurance. Not sure how long manufacturer warranty is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol