What are your expectations for the Note 5?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 3 .. then the Note 4 .. now the S6. I love my S6 but I really do miss the Note size. I hope they keep it the same size as the Note 4 but I could live with a Nexus 6 sized device.

What are your expectations / hopes?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
My hope is that Samsung will make the screen navigation buttons customisable. My expectation is that they probably won't. But if they did....

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd wanted to get the Nexus 6 because of no bloatware, but the cheap plastic back and the prospect of an expanding battery has me wary. My friend tells me I should wait for the Note 5, because I'd get more bang for my buck. If I were to do that, I'd want a metal unibody with a still lighter TW (when compared to the S6), 5.7" display, dual front-facing speakers, and a removable 4,000 mAh optimized battery, with 32 GB base storage.

Edit: Having just checked my battery stats, I'm currently at 30% charge at 9am EST with 1 day and 16 hours off charger and 6 hrs 25 mins SOT on my S3, which has a 4,200 mAh extended battery in it. Considering I'm a light to light-moderate user, this battery life is amazing. As such, if I'm to get the Note 5 at some point, I expect no less than a 4,000 mAh battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Since I'm a huge S-Pen lover i'm looking forward to :

A ) A button on top of the pen to click to open a notebook or something along those lines\

B) A better firm grip alongside the materials used on Waccom Pen

In terms of everything else.. Just a better and smoother TouchWiz experience I guess. Hardware will always be top notch so no worries there!

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm expecting them to tone down the TouchWiz A LOT. I think it bogs down the experience and just limits the hardware.

fiverings5

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Their talking about making the note 5 edge with either a 5.4 " or a 5.5" screen. I think that defeats the whole purpose of the note series. I for one would not buy the edge if it was that smaller size.
My note 3 already is feeling small to me. If the note 5 was 5.9" then maybe I would consider it.
But if the new Nexus is 5.7" or larger and comes with Fi I would have to go with that if it's decent phone. Have to wait and see how fi works before committing to a fi phone. I'm a little skeptical that fi would work smooth. Just have to wait & see

Posted via Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd wanted to get the Nexus 6 because of no bloatware, but the cheap plastic back and the prospect of an expanding battery has me wary. My friend tells me I should wait for the Note 5, because I'd get more bang for my buck. If I were to do that, I'd want a metal unibody with a still lighter TW (when compared to the S6), 5.7" display, dual front-facing speakers, and a removable 4,000 mAh optimized battery, with 32 GB base storage.

Edit: Having just checked my battery stats, I'm currently at 30% charge at 9am EST with 1 day and 16 hours off charger and 6 hrs 25 mins SOT on my S3, which has a 4,200 mAh extended battery in it. Considering I'm a light to light-moderate user, this battery life is amazing. As such, if I'm to get the Note 5 at some point, I expect no less than a 4,000 mAh battery.

as much as I'd love if your wish came true, I just don't see Samsung doing a metal unibody design or anything greater than a 3200 battery. the closest you'll get is the glass similar to the S6, and if they did that I doubt it'd be removable. unfortunately I don't see them lightening up on TW any more than the S6.

obviously aesthetics is pretty important to you, but I'm surprised anybody wouldn't get the nexus 6 just cause of the back. I didn't think it was that bad at all, certainly not bad enough to let it get in the way of getting it, assuming everything else was good.

let's hope I'm wrong about one thing, battery size. it's about time they stop feeding us this efficiency garbage and start giving us minimum 3500. if they're gonna use 1440p instead of 1080p, that's the least they should do.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and I think 5.7 " is good, but I want the Note 5 to be a little thinner and less bezels. Also
- 4-5 microphones on board for Natural Sound technology like the BlackBerry Passport.
- Front Speakers
- Expandable SD Card
- Long Lasting Battery
- Removeable Battery
- Metal edge like the Note 4
- Improved Camera with IOS
- Fingerprint Scanner

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Hoping it's a bigger and better improved Edge device without a glass back. If it feels compact like the S6 Edge compared to the S6 then it may be the perfect size for me to upgrade.

Smoove_note

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've always said Samsung note line up is the best phone for android! Not a big fan of the galaxy s line up , even though the new s6 is a game changer with its new chips ... I expect the note 5 to have better display , plays 4k videos back at you , better camera (which I can't wait to see ) , a snappier chip, better speakers seriously lol ... and all metal unibody with a big battery ... I love the fact their starting to go metal and glass ,big step

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Now that I think about it since they went with a different approach for S6 and S6 Edge , I Guess I wouldn't mind if Samsung went with a non removable Larger Battery of 3,600-3,800 Mah and a Micro SD card slot with expandable storage. I'd stay with the Note series.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping the edge variant has a dual edge display, with more functionality, battery life on my Note 4 is great so if there is no removable battery I'm good with that, i like the glass front and back of the S6 Edge...I'd also like the Gold Platinum option, 5.9 inch display would also be a plus...and a lot less touch wiz would be nice, a 20mp shooter and 5mp or more on the front-facing Cam...the speakers on the S6 Edge are loud, so keep going in that direction...and the fingerprint scanner from the S6 is very good as well....earlier release date!!!

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You can't have both a metal unibody AND a removable battery. I'm fine with the construction of the current Note 4. I just hope they keep the removable battery and micro SD option.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Add front facing speakers and I think you have perfection when it comes to a smartphone. Obvious with new technology this changes, like truly wireless charging but for what's available now add that and I'd have no complaints....

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
So far I'm with what's been posted.
But I really want to see a good sound card, or whatever it is that gives you really good sound.
I listen to a lot of music with my Note2-Sound isn't anything exciting.
I test drove an iPhone with T-Mobile and I was really impressed with how good it sounded hooked up to my auxiliary port in my CRV.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
So far I'm with what's been posted.
But I really want to see a good sound card, or whatever it is that gives you really good sound.
I listen to a lot of music with my Note2-Sound isn't anything exciting.
I test drove an iPhone with T-Mobile and I was really impressed with how good it sounded hooked up to my auxiliary port in my CRV.
That's why the Z3+/Z4v is on my list.
It comes with a £175 hi res audio - headphone package in our Best Buy (Carphone Warehouse).
Headset may be rubbish but they do audio well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz