Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I'll keep you my Note 3 since the Note 5 won't have the Two most important specs anymore . DUMB MOVE by the way. Anyway, as I was saying I'll keep Note 3 for as long as I can , but I'd love if other brands went the Note series with a Pen. THAT would be awesome because if a competitive device had both SD Card and removable battery with a built in Pen, then I'm Sold!

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious, so many, including myself, sound in despair, should the note 5 miss an SD card or battery.
If the worst happens what are you going to buy?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This is how I see it, I believe they will sell well. Most of the consumers only see Samsung and Apple. A lot of people when they ask me what is going to be my next phone I say lg g4 note or whatever the premium device is or note five. They usually say lg makes phones? They must not be good. But they don't know cuz of the lack of marketing.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you upgrade to Note 5 if it doesn't have SD slot?

I can live without an SD card slot so I would say yes.

Exactly my answer. I actually got used to not having an SD Card. People need to start using cloud services. Easier to use than SD Cards, and pics can be transferred and accessed faster than a MicroSD card. I've had times where my MicroSD card crashes.

Personally I have 2 phones, and my other phone (Asus Zenphone 2) has the SD Card, which I only use for music now because all my photos are saved on Google Drive

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I will use my older backup phones / iPod for music.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Exactly my answer. I actually got used to not having an SD Card. People need to start using cloud services. Easier to use than SD Cards, and pics can be transferred and accessed faster than a MicroSD card. I've had times where my MicroSD card crashes.

Personally I have 2 phones, and my other phone (Asus Zenphone 2) has the SD Card, which I only use for music now because all my photos are saved on Google Drive

Cloud services are 100% toilet for regular use w/o ubiquitous wifi. And without a reliable network connection, the cloud service becomes useless. Meanwhile, you can always retrieve from physical storage barring a physical defect. They're better for backup, not for access.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I have had very few if any issues using cloud services for all my work files, pictures, and music. If I'm going to be in bad service area I just download the files needed for that time and I'm good to go. Best part is no matter what device I'm using phone, tablet, or PC all my files are easily accessible.

I will miss having spare memory for storing backed up ROMs and backed up apps among other rooting necessities. But I'm sure I'll be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I have had very few if any issues using cloud services for all my work files, pictures, and music. If I'm going to be in bad service area I just download the files needed for that time and I'm good to go.
That's the thing though, it's an unnecessary step to download files when files can be easily be stored and retrieved locally via SD card. I fly a lot for business, and it's way convenient to kill time watching a 2 hr movie on my phone; I can't do that if my movies are stored in the cloud.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Add to that the huge amount of memory required for RAW photos...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Cloud services are 100% toilet for regular use w/o ubiquitous wifi. And without a reliable network connection, the cloud service becomes useless. Meanwhile, you can always retrieve from physical storage barring a physical defect. They're better for backup, not for access.

Good point, but one should not back up photos to cloud and delete everything off their phone. I know with me, I back up to Google Drive, but I don't delete the pics off my phone, so if I am not on wifi or what not, I can still access my pics.

I have had a bad experience with SD cards automatically ejecting from the phone without me doing anything, and could not access anything on my SD Card at all. I think both have benefits and drawbacks.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

That's the thing though, it's an unnecessary step to download files when files can be easily be stored and retrieved locally via SD card. I fly a lot for business, and it's way convenient to kill time watching a 2 hr movie on my phone; I can't do that if my movies are stored in the cloud.

It depends though on the situation
If you are on the go, and your files are stored on the cloud, you can download or view them while you are on the move, which has been pretty helpful in my case

However, if you are in no rush, and you want to wait by the computer for files to download on the SD Card, you can do that. Of course you can always download files on your SD Card before you go somewhere

I know I have been in situations where I am out and about, and not near my PC where my movie and picture files are stored. However, since my files are on the cloud, I can easily show them to people when I'm on the elevator or some restaurant or somewhere

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I know I have been in situations where I am out and about, and not near my PC where my movie and picture files are stored. However, since my files are on the cloud, I can easily show them to people when I'm on the elevator or some restaurant or somewhere
I guess it's a matter of personal preference then. For me, I don't use my PC to download, store, or retrieve media files; they are all stored in my Note 4 via my sd card for quick easy access. When my internet is down or when I get inconsistent wireless signals, my sd card comes handy in the plane, basement, elevator, countryside, etc. I don't need to log into a cloud account. Easy breezy :)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I guess it's a matter of personal preference then. For me, I don't use my PC to download, store, or retrieve media files; they are all stored in my Note 4 via my sd card for quick easy access. When my internet is down or when I get inconsistent wireless signals, my sd card comes handy in the plane, basement, elevator, countryside, etc. I don't need to log into a cloud account. Easy breezy :)

So you store almost 100% of your files on your SD Card?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

So you store almost 100% of your files on your SD Card?
Mostly yes. When I do my once a year PC cleaning, I copy & transfer important media files to 2 separate 2TB external drives. As of now, I have 2 64 gb and 1 128 gb sd cards (I have yet to use the 2nd 64 gb and 128 gb). External drives and sd cards have become much cheaper now than 5 yrs ago.

Cloud services are not as reliable and efficient the way I would like them to be yet, for me. Imo, they are just a marketing ploy from makers to gauge money from consumers. They spin it in a way to claim superior engineering to makers that continue to make phones with the sd card and removable battery option.

SD card and removable battery equal freedom. This is all my opinion of course.

Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

When I fly which is just a couple times a year I purchase a movie from Google Play and download it to my tablet the day before. I don't own many movies but if did own a bunch of movies then a sdcard would be handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87