Will the Note 5 have removable battery and storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Will Samsung keep the Note series with these features, or will they go the way of the S series and become more sleek?

Are these features deal breakers for owners of the Note series?

If they do go away, what are the real alternatives?

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It's to early to tell, nothing really has been confirmed. If they do remove these features. I wouldn't care, I use an iPhone which don't have either & I also own a Note 4.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Assuming they release an Edge version, with the premium they will charge above the current Edge, they will need to add some value and hopefully keep them to make people consider it. Considering the starting price of the S6 Edge of $699, the Note 5 will probably start at $799. That's a pretty steep price even after it gets subsidized.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and was holding out for the Note 5. If they seal the battery then I'm gonna grab a Note 4 as my 3 is having problems and I am in need of a new phone. Then I'll hope they bring it back for the 6 as well.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and was holding out for the Note 5. If they seal the battery then I'm gonna grab a Note 4 as my 3 is having problems and I am in need of a new phone. Then I'll hope they bring it back for the 6 as well.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and I came upon the Note 4. That Screen is So beautiful and just blew my mind. I kept comparing it to my Note 3, and man I really liked it. I won't buy the Note 5 if it has a non removable battery. When I found out the S6 had a Non removable battery and no Micro SD Card slot I just took that phone off my Wish List. I like my Note 3, but geez that Note 4 is a looker.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
The S6 was a bit of a disappointment for me with its continued "iPhone-ization"; I am more of a "power user", so I hope that the Note 5 expands on what was good about the Note 4. Most importantly, I hope it retains the microSD card and removable battery. I wanted a Note 4 before my old phone broke and got an S5 instead.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I could have and have lived without both but if I had to choose just one I'd prefer an sdcard. I have a few external chargers that get me through times I'm away from an outlet. I'd even rather have a premium one piece device rather then a removable battery if both couldn't be accomplished.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I could have and have lived without both but if I had to choose just one I'd prefer an sdcard. I have a few external chargers that get me through times I'm away from an outlet. I'd even rather have a premium one piece device rather then a removable battery if both couldn't be accomplished.

I'd be the opposite I'd rather have a replaceable battery, and maybe onboard storage of 64GB or 128GB

Posted via the Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I figured that I would be in the minority on that one. The bad thing about the storage is I have a few 64GB SD I could use verses paying $100 or more for extra onboard storage. I guess let's hope for both and a premium looking device. :)

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
If Samsung does the same with the Note 5 as with the S6, then yes, THAT'S a deal breaker for me and my Note 4 would therefore be the LAST Samsung device I would EVER buy! I don't have an S6 (had S4 and loved it) and have no desire to have an S6, but it still upset me when they took away the memory card (not too upset about battery though) and made a Samsung iPhone! I'll NEVER EVER EVER have a device that does not allow me to CHOOSE where and how to store my data and pics etc. I will NEVER rely on OTA backup, cuz what happens when your phone craps out and you don't have a signal cuz you're out in the woods and took the most amazing nature picture, or you didn't yet sync before it dies...sorry, if I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy the Apple version. They could've put a slot in the side for the memory card if they were so set on locking the back cover on. If I had an S5 or still had my S4 and was looking to upgrade, it certainly would NOT be the S6, not even a chance!

Posted via the Android Central App

2high4u

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the feeling that Samsung may leave the micro sd slot on the bezel and make the battery non-removable BUT with a higher capacity around 3600-3800 mah. I think it's a fair and smart decision for Samsung since they won't compromise the premium feeling like the s6 and also give users the ability to expand memory. The cpu's optimization and power efficiency will compensate for the non-removable battery. Following the success of the Exynos chip on the s6,I wouldn't be surprise if they opt for that and 4gb of ram on the note 5.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I think that the Note line being Samsung's work horse they will continue to offer a phone with a replaceable battery and SD card slot. When the phone is this large making it a little thinner is no big deal! I look forward to replacing my Note 3 with the new Note 5 !

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Neither of these changes bother me, i get great battery life as it is on my Note 4, so a non removable battery isn't a deal breaker and SD cards tend to fail, so I'll pay a little more for the reliability of onboard storage, i found that after having a few sd cards go bad on me and losing all my data and pictures that monthly backups and uploading to my PC are good practices in either case...luckily if you don't like these changes there are good alternatives out there. ie LG, Nexus, and HTC all have Comparable flagships, LG even has a phone with a stylus, anyway good luck!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Will Samsung keep the Note series with these features, or will they go the way of the S series and become more sleek?

Are these features deal breakers for owners of the Note series?

If they do go away, what are the real alternatives?

They probably are deal breakers for me. I'm really impressed with the LG G4.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I personally prefer SD cards. I would not have a problem paying "a little bit more", but that is not what Samsung did with the S6. They are charging iPhone pricing, "a lot more" for a little bit of memory. Sorry $100 for 32 GB of memory is a ripoff. The main reason for the change by Samsung is to maximize profits on their phones.

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Sd card is not a big issue cause you cant install games or applications on the external card unlesa you root the device. A removable battery and an internal storage of 64gb or more is acceptable.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I personally prefer SD cards. I would not have a problem paying "a little bit more", but that is not what Samsung did with the S6. They are charging iPhone pricing, "a lot more" for a little bit of memory. Sorry $100 for 32 GB of memory is a ripoff. The main reason for the change by Samsung is to maximize profits on their phones.

They could actually maximize profits with the excellent SD cards they make. They're the best! If they cut out that option altogether, I think it would be a loss for them. But, who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of manufacturers. The Shadow knows. HEHEHE

Status
Not open for further replies.