Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just received the Samsung wallet case in the mail today. So far I really like it. It only holds one card, but that's all I needed. Got it from Amazon You $4.50. best $4. 50 I have spent in a while. No complaints here.
If you're inclined, use Samsung Pay to have a few more of your other cards always available.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've actually found that a Seidio holster from my Note 3 actually fit my Note 5 UAG case perfectly. Thus eliminating the need for me to purchase more accessories. I am one of those folks for whom a holster is a "must have".20161117_092934.jpg20161117_093013.jpg

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Of course my note 4 takes a dump after black Friday. And Asurion offers me a note 5 which I have no cases for. . I ordered a generic Karen Deals TPU and a dualpro at 3am.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have an Otterbox case on my Note 5. Yesterday, I dropped my Note 5 in the snow while getting in my car. The whole phone was buried in the snow drift. Dug it out, wiped off the screen and used the phone the entire night without any problems. I don't have the included screen protector on it because I ruined it almost instantly trying to put it on the phone so the screen was unprotected. Glad I bought this case last year.

20161218_174959.jpg

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had been using a few cases with my note 5... originally got an otterbox symmetry but in time the thin parts of the frame around the rubber flaps both snapped which was annoying. I then switched to a second hand tech21 which was less bulky. At some point (don't know when it happened) I got a thin crack on my screen, all the way from left to right but you can't notice it at some reading angles, in others it jumps out. While the symmetry had originally come with a stick on screen protector I was unable to apply it without getting various specks of dust and hair under it to the point where I destroyed it in frustration.

Anyway after the crack I went and got a zagg screen protector which worked very well and did its job saving my phone when it got stuck being taken out of my pocket and suddenly flew free and landed on some tile, the point of impact shattered the glass of the screen protector but the note was fine. It did get some glass shards on the edge of the screen protector which kept getting worse, even messing with the proximity sensor so i had to remove it, and decided to get a case with a built in screen protector... though I was leary of the size of the otterbox defender.

Anyway I ended up getting a supcase unicorn beetle pro, black/blue, what they call blue is more cyan. It came with a holster which I never have luck with, but its there anyway. I used to always have a problem where my t-shirt would get between the phone and the holster as i tried to place it in there and then it would be lose or fly out or whatever (this on earlier phones/cases with holsters).

Thus far, my thoughts on the case:

1 - it fits very snugly. this is good, not gonna pop out like some other cases I've used after a spill...
2 - however, it is not the kind of case you casually remove your phone from if you want to show it off naked.... it takes a bit of work to remove it and then put it back on, and its the kind of work that makes me worry long term it might damage the case if you do that a lot.
3 - I am very fond of my fast wireless charger (a seneo). I was used to casually dropping my phone onto it for charging. This was never an issue with the Tech21 (I didn't have the charger when I had the symmetry). Well now I dropped it in... and nothing. I tried sideways and nothing. Then fiddling with it I got the charger light to turn green which normally indicates charging but the phone didn't show charging. After positioning it carefully i got the ding and it was charging. So basically the positioning is less forgiving with this case on, but it does work. After a while I was pretty good at getting it on there, but it still impacts how easy it is to drop the phone on there, and that is with a charger that holds the phone angle, with a flat surface it might be more finicky.
4 - about the only major negative, it impacts the sound quality other people get when I use the speaker phone. This is a bit of a bummer.

Aside form that one last issue I like it quite a lot. I'll probably just use my bt headset more, I guess. I'll check back after using it for awhile to see if my opinions change on it...

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Had one, good case, scratched pretty easily, kick stand lasted about 10 months then broke off.

This is a pretty decent price for a Spigen Slim Armour with kickstand. Amazon Canada is selling it for $9.00, even better. I have one on my Galaxy s6 and I think it's a terrific case. Any fears I had about the durability of the kickstand have been unfounded over the last 18 + months.

$14.00 US
https://www.amazon.com/Spigen-Galax...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5651620

$9.00 CA
https://www.amazon.ca/Spigen-Kickst...hawk-future-ca-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5651620

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Great list. But I can't see power cases. And since the main critics are addressed to the absence of the removable battery and an SD-card slot I will include my favourite modular case, the I-blades, that adds battery, 64GB and platform for further modules/improvement.
NOTE5-ELITE-HERO.1.jpg

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a case that does not have anything over the phone's power buttons and volume rocker? It seems every case I can find covers up these buttons with some kind of overlay. The only one I'm finding so far is the Spigen Slim Fit, but I know that one is very slippery. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Got the case the other day and wow very top quality leather thick and its not bulky at all.

Will use the wallet case during the week and my clear case on weekends

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So, I have an LGV20 right now but I found out today from the Hand Center that I have indeed torn a ligament in my left wrist and therefore this phone is just a little too wide to hold in my hand one handed... For now.

I need to know which Case is the least slippery to use on my former Note 5.
I don't know what I did with my Spigen case.. But I can't remember if that was less slippery. I guess what I'm needing to know is which case is suited for the Best grip.