No UK Note 5?

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Having just watched the Samsung unpack it would appear that there was no mention of a UK release date for the Note 5. A quick search appears to suggest that the Note is not in Samsung's current plans for the UK and European markets and we will be getting the Edge Plus only.

If that's true then is a poor decision and one that may alienate them within this region. Has anyone heard anything different?

I was planning on buying the Note 5 as my first Samsung phone having been with HTC previously and getting bored of the rehashing of the same product year-in and wanted the features and capabilities associated with the Note series.

I appreciate that the Note 4 is still available but having taken the decision to ignore this market makes you wonder as to the ongoing support of this product, and a point of principle its not something I would entertain.

I really hope the rumours aren't true.

Rant over....

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 only shipping to USA and Asia (For now)

Well, that's a bummer.

It's pretty much confirmed no Europe release for now..

Importing plans anyone?

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Madd54,

Thanks for the reply, really disappointing decision by Samsung. Back to the drawing board then, no idea what I'll get now, suppose I'll have to wait for the next batch of announcements in September.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Madd54,

Thanks for the reply, really disappointing decision by Samsung. Back to the drawing board then, no idea what I'll get now, suppose I'll have to wait for the next batch of announcements in September.
Moto X Style 2015 (Pure Edition) @ approx £379 for the 16gb, then add 50 for the 32 and again for the 64gb.

The Moto X Play (not going to the US, lol) is looking great for even less.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-announces-moto-x-style

http://www.androidcentral.com/motorolas-big-day-moto-x-style-x-play-and-g-2015-announced

http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x-play

Welcome to Android Central.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 5 only shipping to USA and Asia (For now)

Well, that's a bummer.

It's pretty much confirmed no Europe release for now..

Importing plans anyone?
No.

With the money I will save getting a Moto X Style or Play, I might buy Switzerland - and get a better phone.

My Note 3 was great, but I am rocking a little 1st gen Moto G atm.

Then again, I may get a new Note 4 on Amazon @ 420 ish.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Got Note 4, might upgrade to next Nexus...

I just don't like the 3000 mAH inside S6 Plus.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

Maybe Europe will get an even better Note later this year. The Note 5 Plus!

Just so people don't think that I am just trying to start rumors, this is speculation only.

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I refuse to be treated as an after thought by manufacturers. If my money isn't good enough at the launch of a product then there is no way that I'd be prepared to pay a premium at a later date for something that is a number of months old.

As I see it, this will never reach Europe any delay until the new year would undermine any Galaxy s7 release, so the Note 4 will probably be the last European Note. If not and we are forced to wait until the Note 6 then I suspect by that point those loyal users would have already left Samsung for a competitor.

Truly one of the stupidest decisions ever.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I refuse to be treated as an after thought by manufacturers. If my money isn't good enough at the launch of a product then there is no way that I'd be prepared to pay a premium at a later date for something that is a number of months old.

As I see it, this will never reach Europe any delay until the new year would undermine any Galaxy s7 release, so the Note 4 will probably be the last European Note. If not and we are forced to wait until the Note 6 then I suspect by that point those loyal users would have already left Samsung for a competitor.

Truly one of the stupidest decisions ever.

Good points. I decided not to buy a Note 4 when I could, around the time the S6 came out. The Note 5 will be virtually 6 months old if they are coming here in 2016.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
tbh samsung did not give 2 sh*** about the note 4 users. I'm not upset about the note 5 not being available. Was thinking about the s6 edge + (now it's easier to decide). Hopefully the s6 edge + will actually be supported by samsung not dumped like the note 4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think something happened.

They were trying to finalise with some networks and they weren't happy with the price or something. It was all too last minute.

What if they do a Motorola and sell it online and on Amazon.

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
That may well be the case, but if so then issue a press statement saying it will be a staggered introduction with the product likely to hit Europe in late 2015. Issuing the statement they did, does nothing but alienate those loyal customer affected and undermine the existing product in those markets.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Alex Dobie is an Android Central reviewer/blogger / journalist out of Manchester and he didn't know a few minutes before the launch. Still no statement from Samsung.
The BBC reported on the Note 5 launch online 3 hours later and added it won't be available here but isn't it nice.

Can Samsung fire their own PR Dept?

bwlmog

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I've emailed the UK CEO and Press Office asking for clarification on their strategy and why they believed excluding Europe from a flagship product was going to help address the downturn on their balance sheets. Can't say that I expect a response and if I do it'll be a standard party line lacking any acknowledgement of the potential damage being created and erosion of brand loyalty in the region. Not that this is a crusade or anything on my part.........

john swain

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Europe.....can you read Korean graffiti, or more precisely, the lack thereof?

When it was widely reported that the
Note 5 was to be released ahead the IFA in Berlin, it was speculated that the motivation was to get a marketing advantage over the next Apple release in September.

Come on people, get real, Note users would never buy an IPhone just because it came out a day earlier. Samsung was telling Europe that we do not intend to market the Note 5 in the European marketplace. Therefore we can not logically announce the new device in Europe's biggest tech show.

Now Europe is screaming that they've been jilted like a bride at the altar. Don't you realize that Samsung never intended to announce a wedding. As a matter of fact, they effectively pre-annouced that you would not participate in having any wedding cake.

Maybe you can catch the bouquet next year.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ha Ha. I saw someone posted the uk ceo's email so he may get a few more.

"We thank you for expressing an interest in our Samsung product line.
Did you know the new S6 Edge Plus is now available in an extra Titanium Grey (?) finish. Please visit our website for more information on this and all our exciting products. "

You can have my last £10 note if you get an intelligent direct answer.
As you say, you're not expecting one either, but they have to release some information.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of Samsung UK, which may be empty by now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad