Now to wait out the Nexus 2015

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Watched the keynote today.

While the Note 5 is impressive, and numbers sound good, it's not as much a jump as I was hoping.

I'm still sitting with my Note 3. And love the battery and SD card slot. I don't want to step down in battery size, even if things are less taxing on the battery. And I love having a 64 or 128 gb card in the phone with movies, music and more.

I have a 12.2 Note Pro, and love using them together. I am really thinking of just waiting on the Nexus, and figuring out a way to get my Nano SIM card or cutting mine down. Since I have Verizon, and no more subsidized phones.

Anyone else waiting for Nexus, after the under whelming stats of the Note 5, considering the cost.

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Note 5 seems very comparable to the Moto X Pure - Note has more efficient processing and more RAM, has a pen and the Moto has the SD card and better software. Otherwise, same size screen, same size battery and very similar camera capabilities - that might be another option. The two Nexus rumors are a 5.7" Huawei and a 5.2" LG. Neither of those would have an SD card or removable battery, but depending on battery size, price, etc. they may both be contenders.

I'm looking to get two devices this fall - most likely the Style and 5.7" Nexus, but really depends on what each Nexus brings to the table. Note pretty much wrote themselves off by phoning it in this year.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Battery capacity is a bit lower than the Note 4, but efficiency improvements to the display and SoC should make up for it. Battery life will probably be quite a bit better than your current Note 3. The display and camera are also huge upgrades over the Note 3.

The Moto X Pure should be out in 2-3 weeks, so we can see how that compares. Camera looks pretty good so far from what we've seen. I'm just concerned about battery life and display quality based on their recent history though. Probably won't match the Note 4/5

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Battery capacity is a bit lower than the Note 4, by efficiency improvements to the display and SoC should make up for it. Battery life will probably be quite a bit better than your current Note 3. The display and camera are also huge upgrades over the Note 3.

The Moto X Pure should be out in 2-3 weeks, so we can see how that compares. Camera looks pretty good so far from what we've seen. I'm just concerned about battery life and display quality based on their recent history though. Probably won't match the Note 4/5

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

My guess is that with 14nm processing, LPDDR4 and the latest amoled vs 20nm, LPDDR3 and unknown LCD - the Note 5 will probably be on par with the Note 4 and X Pure should be within 20% of it - I think the Note will probably be better on battery life.

Last edited:

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
At just shy of $700 dollars on Verizon, I will be waiting to see what else hits the market.

I am sure the Nexus will be less than that. It's not as cheap as it once was, but I just don't see the upgrades from 4 to 5, to foot that premium.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae