Verizon Voice + Data - Dual radio?

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Does the Note 5 on Verizon have two radios for voice and data like the Note 4 does? I don't want to use VoLTE for simultaneous voice and data. Want to find this out before I preorder.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe it will. I don't believe any new phones from Verizon will offer dual radios (like the Note 4) since they're pushing VoLTE now.

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't believe it will. I don't believe any new phones from Verizon will offer dual radios (like the Note 4) since they're pushing VoLTE now.

Kinda what I was afraid of. I use it extensively and VoLTE is shady in my area. I dropped more calls than a hookers panties on my iPhone 6+ for the brief period I had it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Being that the s6 required volte for simultaneous voice and data, the note 5 should be the same

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the Note 4 is most likely the last to have the dual radios for SVLTE. IMHO, it's premature to phase out the extra radio yet as Verizon has a ways to go before VoLTE can be used reliably for simultaneous voice and data. It's just another reason for me to hang on to my Note 4 longer! May be Verizon will have VoLTE fully ready for prime time when the Note 6 comes out. :)

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup, the Note 4 is most likely the last to have the dual radios for SVLTE. IMHO, it's premature to phase out the extra radio yet as Verizon has a ways to go before VoLTE can be used reliably for simultaneous voice and data. It's just another reason for me to hang on to my Note 4 longer! May be Verizon will have VoLTE fully ready for prime time when the Note 6 comes out. :)

I agree, its too soon to ditch the second radio. My droid turbo relies on volte, and while service n my area is usually great, when there are issues i have to turn advanced calling off just to keep from dropping calls!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781