Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I uploaded the signal and temperature graphs. I did just go up to the store and went into roaming for a few minutes.

Your signal isn't bad.. But is a bit low. It could be enough to cause more drain. When the signal is bad, it will drain bad.

This is mine.

Attachments

• 1441142421147.jpg
    1441142421147.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 66

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Your signal isn't bad.. But is a bit low. It could be enough to cause more drain. When the signal is bad, it will drain bad.

This is mine.

Hmm. Mine is definitely not as strong as yours. I'm curious what it is that's making my battery drain like that. You don't think the stats seem abnormal at all? Right now I'm going to charge it to 100 and then use it minimally for the rest of the night and then see where it's at. I'm typically on my phone a lot so it's hard to judge if there's an issue if I know that I'm doing stuff on it that would cause drain.

EDIT: I guess just seeing everyone else's stats on here is what's making me question it. Having it drop 11% in an hour and half seems excessive compared to others.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-09-01-15-00-37.jpg

My phone is in airplane mode with WiFi and WiFi Calling turned on. WiFi is set to always. Carrier is T-Mobile. Is 14% cell standby normal in airplane mode with WiFi calling?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Mine is definitely not as strong as yours. I'm curious what it is that's making my battery drain like that. You don't think the stats seem abnormal at all? Right now I'm going to charge it to 100 and then use it minimally for the rest of the night and then see where it's at. I'm typically on my phone a lot so it's hard to judge if there's an issue if I know that I'm doing stuff on it that would cause drain.

EDIT: I guess just seeing everyone else's stats on here is what's making me question it. Having it drop 11% in an hour and half seems excessive compared to others.

It's hard to compare to others. I have a lot of things hibernate on my phone. Also depending on apps, location, syncing, etc, you can use more battery than someone else. My battery would not be as good if I didn't have ShutApp hibernating a lot of things.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It's hard to compare to others. I have a lot of things hibernate on my phone. Also depending on apps, location, syncing, etc, you can use more battery than someone else. My battery would not be as good if I didn't have ShutApp hibernating a lot of things.

I have very minimal syncing and stuff like that going on, but I'll go over my settings again and adjust. Also, question! When it says "the estimated usage is calculated based on your usage patterns over the last 7 days..." on the battery graph, does that mean it's taking into account the things you've done on the phone in the past week and it is applying that to the graph as if you'll continue to use it that way? Like, for example, I've been using my phone a lot and playing candy crush quite a bit (lol) since I got it, which was a little over a week ago. Is it using that to base what it thinks my battery life will be like?

Amy wineBerry

May 9, 2011
Visit site
:eek: How in the world do you have 21 hours left at 69%?! That's crazy! Mine said like 9 hours at that same percentage :mad:

Their device is in airplane mode. So presumably, they are consuming less battery. Although battery levels may read the same, the amount of time left will depend on all that the device is doing at that particular moment.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
:eek: How in the world do you have 21 hours left at 69%?! That's crazy! Mine said like 9 hours at that same percentage :mad:

Well it says it's based on average usage for the past 7 days. So I'm guessing you leave your phone on at night? I put it in total airplane mode and turn on power-saving when I go to bed.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 194390

My phone is in airplane mode with WiFi and WiFi Calling turned on. WiFi is set to always. Carrier is T-Mobile. Is 14% cell standby normal in airplane mode with WiFi calling?

That's interesting. I don't have VOLTE with Verizon I don't believe but based on what you are saying and the time u are getting that appears to save battery.

I am convinced my battery issues are related to fact my cell signal is weak at home. I get 3g fine but only 2 bars on average.

I'm also wondering if the Note 5 is worse on WiFi than previous versions. I turned WiFi off last night when I unplugged at 12am and after 5.5 hours only dropped 3%

Posted via the Android Central App

MedicD

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. I don't have VOLTE with Verizon I don't believe but based on what you are saying and the time u are getting that appears to save battery.

I am convinced my battery issues are related to fact my cell signal is weak at home. I get 3g fine but only 2 bars on average.

I'm also wondering if the Note 5 is worse on WiFi than previous versions. I turned WiFi off last night when I unplugged at 12am and after 5.5 hours only dropped 3%

Posted via the Android Central App

On Verizon we do have VoLTE but we do not have wifi calling... which is too bad because at work I often have wifi signal only.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
HOW ARE y'alls GSM battery app staying current? THIS IS the second time I have Re-installed this app to see if there was a problem, but it STILL KEEPS SAYING August 29th Average Battery Charge.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have very minimal syncing and stuff like that going on, but I'll go over my settings again and adjust. Also, question! When it says "the estimated usage is calculated based on your usage patterns over the last 7 days..." on the battery graph, does that mean it's taking into account the things you've done on the phone in the past week and it is applying that to the graph as if you'll continue to use it that way? Like, for example, I've been using my phone a lot and playing candy crush quite a bit (lol) since I got it, which was a little over a week ago. Is it using that to base what it thinks my battery life will be like?

Yes it does take that into account. This graph and time left is always a guesstimate..

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does take that into account. This graph and time left is always a guesstimate..

That makes sense. Well, I cleared the cache partition and let my phone charge to 100. I then left the phone alone for about an hour or so and have been texting lightly with it. While leaving it alone, it dropped about 2%. These are my stats now.

newb.pngnewb2.png

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Here is mine. I am not using any apps to disable anything yet.
fa5d509c57846e2c535a51475da99dbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Its not that great and im coming from a cheap zte zmax which had a huge battery and lasted for more then a day with heavy usage!

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Alright, I just put my note 5 on the charger at 4%. I have other things to do tonight besides trying to kill this battery, lol. This was my first full day off the charger and this is the best battery life I have ever seen. No need to ever fret over plugging it in midday. I'm hoping it only gets better from here.

Side note: I'm going to wirelessly charge it tonight since I'm in no rush to have it charge fast.

Attachments

• 1441160049269.jpg
    1441160049269.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 1441160063313.jpg
    1441160063313.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 60

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member