Using Samsung Pay means I'll have to pull the Note 5 out an extra 827 times per year. (more damage?)

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I was intrigued by Samsung Pay more than than the Note 5.

I logged into my bank acct and sorted my purchases by actual in-person purchase and online purchase. Within the last 12 months, I made 827 in-person purchases where my credit card was physically swiped. Out of those 827, 378 required me to physically sign my name on the pad. The most purchases were made at McD where I drive thru and buy my breakfast every morning on the way to work(about $5... 216 times). This is followed by 110 purchase inside my company cafeteria for lunch.($14.95 daily)

Anyway, I was just thinking that if I have a Note 5 and use Samsung Pay for all of those purchases, that's 827 more chances to take my phone out and drop it and possibly dropping and damaging it. Or am I just being paranoid?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Your definitely upping the odds of an accident! However, if you get a good case, you can justify how the cost is offset by pushing the odds back in your favor a bit lol!

Seriously though, i wont be using the phone as a payment device, but i mainly use cash except for paying bills. That's just me though.

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You are being way paranoid
Unless your hands are made of ice, you shouldn't be dropping our phone every time you take your phone out of your pocket
Or if you are an easy dropper....get a case

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone is in my hand or when I'm at my shop on the table.. Even in parties I walk around with my phone on my hand, so I guess it depends how u handle your phone... Paying for stuff my phone will probably been in my hand lol unless I'm carrying items

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I take my phone out of my pocket dozens, if not over a hundred times daily, I don't consider samsung pay an increased chance of dropping my phone.

But to each their own, maybe yours rarely leaves your pocket.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't use it as an everyday payment method. But their times i rush out to drop kids off at school. First thing i grab is my phone, first thing i forget is my debit card. So deff would come in handy...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow why so paranoid... If you worry so much put your phone inside a thick ugly looking case or buy some kind of insurance if you don't use cases to have peace of mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I was intrigued by Samsung Pay more than than the Note 5.

I logged into my bank acct and sorted my purchases by actual in-person purchase and online purchase. Within the last 12 months, I made 827 in-person purchases where my credit card was physically swiped. Out of those 827, 378 required me to physically sign my name on the pad. The most purchases were made at McD where I drive thru and buy my breakfast every morning on the way to work(about $5... 216 times). This is followed by 110 purchase inside my company cafeteria for lunch.($14.95 daily)

Anyway, I was just thinking that if I have a Note 5 and use Samsung Pay for all of those purchases, that's 827 more chances to take my phone out and drop it and possibly dropping and damaging it. Or am I just being paranoid?

I'm with you; always thinking of the little things to keep "My Precious" out of harms way (An ounce of prevention....). :) So I'd rather risk dropping my wallet than my phone!

Besides I find paying with my wallet (ex. cash, debit/credit) more convenient than using the phone anyway, in particular because it's always with me. Can't say the same for my phone; sometimes I'll leave it in the top drawer of my desk at work while I run to the dining center for lunch or in the car if running into a store real quick or at home when I take the dogs to the park. In comparison, if I were to pay with my phone, I'd have to be sure to take it with me like my wallet, then would have to take it out of my pocket, out of the leather vertical pouch its transported in, most likely have to enter my PIN (locks after 10 mins of inactivity), then launch the payment app and put the phone to the terminal (all at risk of dropping it the whole time! :(). Then there's the horrible thought that the cashier may need to touch the phone to get info off of it (no one, no one touches "My Precious" but me!!! :mad:). Yeah, yeah, wallet works just fine. :D

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're eating McDonald's every day for breakfast you have bigger things to worry about than dropping your phone. Jk

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
If you're eating McDonald's every day for breakfast you have bigger things to worry about than dropping your phone. Jk

I'm too rigid in my routine... it's always 2 or 3 black McD coffees and 1 egg white McMuffin every single day for the last several years. :( I don't even have to tell them what I want. They know me too well. When I pull up to the drive-thru, I just say "Good Morning" and they recognize my voice and my car... One day, I had my co-worker with me and I proceeded to order her one orange juice and a hash brown. That freaked out the drive-thru employee and she wanted to know if there was anything wrong... :)

Back to Samsung... I think Samsung Pay and Apple Pay will surely increase the number of cracked/damaged phone. (which will no doubt translate into increase sales?)