Verizon Note 5 and FoxFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Anyone with a Verizon Note 5 and does not have Hotspot included in their cell plan.

Does FoxFi work??

please reply,
thanks!!

4R69l

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I was able to insatil it on the VZW Note 5 demo in the store yesterday, I was able to turn on Wifi, I just did not have the time to try it out, csr was all in my face at that time.

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Got my Verizon Note 5 yesterday Foxfi works perfectly... I even accidentally figured out how to use it without a screen lock by overriding the lock screen using Trusted Device Manager by Tusch Development. (basically after installing and setting up Foxfi installing the certificate and all that I downloaded TDM went through the process of setting up a pin through the app and setting a Bluetooth device as a trusted device. While it was connected to the trusted device I was able to select none for the screen lock options... then I completely uninstalled TDM (optional not a bad app btw works well with the gear s) and I was good.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Got my Verizon Note 5 yesterday Foxfi works perfectly... I even accidentally figured out how to use it without a screen lock by overriding the lock screen using Trusted Device Manager by Tusch Development. (basically after installing and setting up Foxfi installing the certificate and all that I downloaded TDM went through the process of setting up a pin through the app and setting a Bluetooth device as a trusted device. While it was connected to the trusted device I was able to select none for the screen lock options... then I completely uninstalled TDM (optional not a bad app btw works well with the gear s) and I was good.

OK kewl, thanks!!
Excited to get mine from Worst Buy tomorrow. :)

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i found that the foxfi works great also. give the fingerprint lock a try though, works great on the note 5. the one on the note 4 was a constant irritation of me having to put in my backup pin, but not on the note 5.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
here's a question though.....has anyone figured out how to get rid of the perpetual notification warning of "network may be monitored"?

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
here's a question though.....has anyone figured out how to get rid of the perpetual notification warning of "network may be monitored"?

I get that on my verizon S6 edge, I just swipe it away. It only comes back when you restart the phone.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What network? Wifi? LTE? What?

this sounds lame but i'm not sure....i assume that when the foxfi creates a hotspot anyone who figures out my password on it can jump on....or that verizon can see i'm using the hotspot through the wifi even if i don't sign up for the hotspot plan, which i don't. not sure. i don't use it very often or for very long. usually just when on long trips in the car to keep everyone hooked into their electronic worlds.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So we need to know if people who DO have vzw official hotspot get the same warning. Can you longpress the warning to see what app delivers it?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So we need to know if people who DO have vzw official hotspot get the same warning. Can you longpress the warning to see what app delivers it?

seems that the notification is to warn us that "a third party has access to network" the third party being foxfi.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If vzw ever decides to nail you it will be a huge amount of $. Unlikely they will but not worth the risk for me personally

AZGrown

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Could you please screen shot, or link, which app you're talking about?
I hate the lock screen.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

invincible1914

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Try to uninstall again and when that message pops up click (manage phone administrators). Now you can turn trusted devices off as a device administrator. Once that is done, you can now uninstall the app. And you should see the (none) and (swipe) options can now be selected as lock screen choices.

AZGrown

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Try to uninstall again and when that message pops up click (manage phone administrators). Now you can turn trusted devices off as a device administrator. Once that is done, you can now uninstall the app. And you should see the (none) and (swipe) options can now be selected as lock screen choices.
Thank you!
It seems to be working!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.