Menu Button Missing?

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with the menu button ( the three dots ) missing on the Note 5? I only have a couple apps that showed it on my S6, but it is not showing up on my Note 5.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with the menu button ( the three dots ) missing on the Note 5? I only have a couple apps that showed it on my S6, but it is not showing up on my Note 5.

long press the back button....if a menu is available for the app you're in that will bring it up.

Jbartu

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks karsdroid, that does work on one of the applications, but not the other. Is anyone able to see the menu button on their Note 5?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks karsdroid, that does work on one of the applications, but not the other. Is anyone able to see the menu button on their Note 5?

the menu button to the left of the home button was changed starting with the note 4. its now a "recent apps" button. most apps have a menu at the top right....

YiZRi

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
long press the back button....if a menu is available for the app you're in that will bring it up.
Thank you @karsdroid. It has been a while since I tried one my own developed apps on a recent version. On my phone (running Android 8.1.0) the long press is on the "recent apps" button. I wonder which Android SDK API change prompted this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you @karsdroid. It has been a while since I tried one my own developed apps on a recent version. On my phone (running Android 8.1.0) the long press is on the "recent apps" button. I wonder which Android SDK API change prompted this.
That member hasn't been active since 2015 so wouldn't wait for a response.

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk

YiZRi

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder which Android SDK API change prompted this.
OK, so I did some more research and found this SO answer: https://stackoverflow.com/a/20734307/2597758

• If target API version is less than 11 it is shown on all devices
  • If target version is 11, 12, or 13 (i.e. tablet-only Honeycomb) Android assumes that your app has been designed for tablets and won't show a legacy button on tablets, but will on phones
  • If target is 14 or above (ICS and above), Android assumes your app is designed for tablets and phones and so the legacy button isn't shown.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non