Samsung Pay US Beta Trial (Aug 25)?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Some complain about no 'confirmation', on the device that the payment was successful. Was that the case for you, too?
On the two purchases once I held the phone close to the swipe part of the terminal, I received a processing message within Samsung pay and then moments later the receipt printed out. That's really the only way I know it went through, but none the less, it works

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Used Samsung Pay twice today at a Walmart and McDonalds. Worked very well. I think the additional payment confirmation and transaction history will show up on the phone when it is officially released and not in beta like now.

vailmc1

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Used it at Wegman's today. It worked great. The app showed a green checkmark letting me know the payment was accepted, in addition to it showing up in a notification and transaction log.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Used it at Wegman's today. It worked great. The app showed a green checkmark letting me know the payment was accepted, in addition to it showing up in a notification and transaction log.
I haven't gotten any notifications while using it and nothing shows in my transaction log, and I've used it at least 6 times successfully already. I'm hoping that's just an issue with the beta. I've yet to see a green check mark either. The only way I know it has worked is by the terminal beeping.

Therealm80

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
It worked perfectly for me. Even got a notification that the payment went through. Even got the notification on my Gear S. The merchant was impressed. The mag thing worked fast.

Posted via the Android Central App

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Used it today at Lowes. The terminal said it was accepted but the cashier was not able to complete the transaction. Tried twice. Couldn't complete the transaction. Had to revert back to the card. Will try again tomorrow.

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've used it at multiple stores that do not have NFC with perfect results so far.

I got a confirmation with the $ amount in the app and notification area after each transaction.

This was using my Sprint Note 5 with a US Bank card.

So far very impressed.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I've used it at multiple stores that do not have NFC with perfect results so far.

I got a confirmation with the $ amount in the app and notification area after each transaction.

This was using my Sprint Note 5 with a US Bank card.

So far very impressed.

How did you get it up and running? Also on Sprint and it says I was accepted but the Samsung Pay app doesn't show squat.

Paul Paradis

May 26, 2014
Visit site
The link in the email should have an update for Samsung pay. Once it's installed just start the app again. It will walk you through everything.

schj98

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Once I was accepted I just opened the samsung pay app and it prompted me to download a 26mb update.

Be sure your phone is signed in to your samsung account I think it uses that to verify you are eligible.

bigjimm99

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone on Tmobile? If so, did you get the download link? I got the acceptance email two days ago but I still can't download it.

SchlepNT

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the Install button tonight. Used the card to buy something at 7-11 and Kroger. It's some sort of dark magic.

Edit: btw, T-Mobile Note 5. Accepted into the beta on 9/1

Last edited: