How do I change the Lock Screen Timeout

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, coming from KitKat on my Note 2. When I push the power button on my Note 5 the lock screen comes on but, if I don't do anything within about 3 seconds, the screen shuts itself off.
I can't find any option other than for the regular screen, which I have set for 1 minute timeout and it works normal. No option for the screen before the home screen.

Thanks

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if they could or not, never tried. I've never had an issue with it before until now. The Note 2, when I press the power button and the screen comes on, lasts for about 15 seconds and then shuts back down. THe Note 5 last for 4 seconds. That just isn't enough time to read notices and things on the lock screen.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
My S5's lock screen stays on for about 4-5 seconds and shuts off. I need about 15, but I have no option to extend the lock screen's timeout.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think there's an easy way to change that timeout. I remember reading that its shorter when any battery saver option is enabled. Check that.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is the lock screen times out fast in case its activated in the pocket or something. Dont know if it can be changed, never had a phone that it could.

Posted via the Android Central App

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok, coming from KitKat on my Note 2. When I push the power button on my Note 5 the lock screen comes on but, if I don't do anything within about 3 seconds, the screen shuts itself off.
I can't find any option other than for the regular screen, which I have set for 1 minute timeout and it works normal. No option for the screen before the home screen.

Thanks

Settings> Lock screen and security> secure lock settings. There you'll find all the power button and lock screen settings

Posted via the Android Central App

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Woah! With power savings mode on, the lock screen stay on for 2-3 seconds and without power saving mode it's 10 seconds. I never knew that it changes how long the lock screen stays on for, probably because I have it on all day every day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have Secure Lock Settings on my phone. After I go into Lock screen and security, I have options of:
Screen lock type
Show information
Notifications
Unlock effect
Fingerprints
Unknown sources
Other security settings

None of those areas give these options for power buttons and lock screen settings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech