Y'all Are Killing Me... I Want!

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
but am on the fence!
I had the original Captivate, then I went to the Galaxy S3. I always said that once it got near end of warranty I would ROM it- I nver did..
I bought a Nexus 5 32 Gig, and completely enjoyed the fact of no carrier bloat, and timely OS updates.
Since this does not have an SDCard- no biggie for me on the Note. I am not a huge user of the phone- my last charge lasted 55 hours with almost 3 hrs of SOT. The Nexus still does what I want. So- WHAT is my Problem???

The NOTE5 look so damn sleek and sexy- it whispers to me Hold ME!!! I want one of these-probably more- because I can trade my Captivate and get the $200 off.

I can live with no Mem Card, and a sealed battery- and use the cloud. What I am afraid of- is not being able to uninstall all the Bloat, and living with OS Updates in the slow lane! Touchwiz I can deal with as I understand its much lighter than the older versions.

I'm really on the fence!!!

Chris

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't see any negatives that will bother you in that post.

You want one, you can get a trade in discount, they are available

GET ONE!

... before everyone starts switching your mind towards the negatives. Those shouldn't bother you for your needs, don't let them.

Treat yourself. It seems great.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was on the fence as well. I love my Note 4. The shiny, new Note 5 has corrupted my thinking and I ordered one last night after a touchy feely at Best Buy yesterday afternoon. I telling myself, if the battery doesn't cut it I have 14 days to return it. Sigh.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive decided to get the note5 tomorrow. Played with it today and already picked out the tech21 mesh case.. Told the store i would be in when they open in the morning!

The battery reports are what made me decide its ok to get the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I was on the fence as well. I love my Note 4. The shiny, new Note 5 has corrupted my thinking and I ordered one last night after a touchy feely at Best Buy yesterday afternoon. I telling myself, if the battery doesn't cut it I have 14 days to return it. Sigh.
Good to see you around.
Congratulations if you get it.

The more I read about the real thing the more I like it.
The way Andrew described how you often get a little more on the screen because the pixel density is a little higher but the icons / browser text are kept small, (and the screen is a higher quality again) really appeals.

I just looked in after 3 days and there's a battery thread with nearly 200 posts already.
I was hoping to be able to get one early and join in, but it seems too late already, lol.

You had a separate power pack as well as a large Anker replacement pack didn't you? The battery pack in that thread looks nice.

No MHL, or an IR port but I hadn't used it much anyway.

Battery is looking good, you just have to be more regular with charging it properly in the long term I guess, or be able to have it replaced.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I still have my Captivate, and have it is still kicking with Slim rom on it.

Word of a new Active Note 5 coming to AT&T has me interested in giving up my s6 Active for it. I have a real need for a SD card and the otg flash drive isn't a good solution. The battery on my Active is a beast, and if they actually do put a 4100 in that one it will be too.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/20/rumor-galaxy-note-5-active/

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I still have my Captivate, and have it is still kicking with Slim rom on it.

Word of a new Active Note 5 coming to AT&T has me interested in giving up my s6 Active for it. I have a real need for a SD card and the otg flash drive isn't a good solution. The battery on my Active is a beast, and if they actually do put a 4100 in that one it will be too.

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/08/20/rumor-galaxy-note-5-active/

It'll probably not have a fingerprint sensor like the S6 active. And I don't see how one will be able to write on the screen when it's wet. I do like that it'll be water/dust/dirt resistant and it'll have the huge battery, though.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It'll probably not have a fingerprint sensor like the S6 active. And I don't see how one will be able to write on the screen when it's wet. I do like that it'll be water/dust/dirt resistant and it'll have the huge battery, though.

Fingerprint scanner is not something I utilize, so for me they can leave it off and won't hurt my feelings 1 bit. The storage is another story though and not having mlh is a bummer too.

People will say that this is just a niche device regardless, but the Actives are selling well from what my AT&T store has said as well as others too. I would have no doubt that this would sell great and if AT&T didn't gimp it,and give a dual sim/sdcard capable phone they could be in a great position to capitalize on it. They have to bump up the storage on it to really draw folks who are not getting one otherwise.

There's no reason the spen can't work on it, perhaps not underwater, but if it did work under water that would be another reason to get one over the regular one

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm taking my edge plus back for the note 5.. just bc I think the s pen has a better feature than app edge

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Headed to the store first thing in the morning to pick up a Note 5. Had a Note 3 for about a year now and am looking forward to that sleek sexy device! Was torn about what color to get I've always had black and was considering going with white just for a change of pace but I handled a black sapphire today and it is anything but black! It is simply beautiful!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Fingerprint scanner is not something I utilize, so for me they can leave it off and won't hurt my feelings 1 bit. The storage is another story though and not having mlh is a bummer too.

People will say that this is just a niche device regardless, but the Actives are selling well from what my AT&T store has said as well as others too. I would have no doubt that this would sell great and if AT&T didn't gimp it,and give a dual sim/sdcard capable phone they could be in a great position to capitalize on it. They have to bump up the storage on it to really draw folks who are not getting one otherwise.

There's no reason the spen can't work on it, perhaps not underwater, but if it did work under water that would be another reason to get one over the regular one

The fingerprint scanner is the one thing I missed from the S6 on the S6 active.

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I pulled the trigger last night and pre-ordered. They told me at BB, that was the only way of getting the charger for free.
So I see BB's latest ad today- and says ALL N5 and S6E+ get a free charger.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

When on earth would you use the spen under water??!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I pulled the trigger last night and pre-ordered. They told me at BB, that was the only way of getting the charger for free.
So I see BB's latest ad today- and says ALL N5 and S6E+ get a free charger.
Well done Chris.
They may not have known, or it was sales patter, but you haven't lost out anyhow. Some people might go back and get something extra free.

I take it you went for the 32gb. I don't know what carrier or when you can expect it, but you pulled the trigger and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Now with all the money you didn't save, how about all those OEM accessories

http://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-official-galaxy-note-5-accessories-samsung

http://www.androidcentral.com/google-isnt-preloaded-galaxy-note-5

http://www.androidcentral.com/analysis-claims-samsung-galaxy-note-5-has-best-smartphone-display-yet

Andrew Martonik's first review of a East European 32gb said there was 24 gb left without carrier ware, while the 64gb Verizon had 50gb left, though many games etc could be removed.

White or Black? Anyway have fun!

fryerlawrence

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I keep wondering why Samsung just doesn't leave stuff well alone. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyy ohhhhh whyyyy didn't I take the BLUE pill???? I personally think that Samsung engineers are f'd in the head because all they do is think up crud to take away from us... like the battery issue. Ok... I understand from my friend that works for a local cell company where I live that the iPhone has been doing non removable batteries since day one. Call me old school but I like the idea that you can control how much GB's you use and you can also do a hard reset on the phone by taking the battery out. I mean C'MON Samsung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GIVES????

-fryer

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I keep wondering why Samsung just doesn't leave stuff well alone. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!! Whyyyyyy ohhhhh whyyyy didn't I take the BLUE pill???? I personally think that Samsung engineers are f'd in the head because all they do is think up crud to take away from us... like the battery issue. Ok... I understand from my friend that works for a local cell company where I live that the iPhone has been doing non removable batteries since day one. Call me old school but I like the idea that you can control how much GB's you use and you can also do a hard reset on the phone by taking the battery out. I mean C'MON Samsung!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT GIVES????

-fryer
The horse is already dead. Quit kicking the poor thing

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

-fryer
There's a continuing thread for this where you can scream to your hearts desire Lol.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=566531

There are procedures for rebooting a frozen screen, and if I could get one in the UK I would never use a toilet again, just in case.

The OP on this thread, like other buyers, knows the limitations. Like me, we can still make it work.

Let people enjoy their expensive purchase.

reidcc

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Thx!
I got the ATT in Black- 32GB.
I will save more- as I preordered in Mass- where I live, but paying and picking up in NH near work(no tax).

As for cases- I've had a Ringke Fusion on my Nexus 5- the Black bumper has doen real well, and the clear backing has its fair share of marks on it- which means it has done its protection job. I'll hit Amazon and grab one for the Note. Been keeping an eye on the case thread as well- and have seen some nice ones there.
Chris

Well done Chris.
They may not have known, or it was sales patter, but you haven't lost out anyhow. Some people might go back and get something extra free.

I take it you went for the 32gb. I don't know what carrier or when you can expect it, but you pulled the trigger and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Now with all the money you didn't save, how about all those OEM accessories

Andrew Martonik's first review of a East European 32gb said there was 24 gb left without carrier ware, while the 64gb Verizon had 50gb left, though many games etc could be removed.

White or Black? Anyway have fun!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was so in the "going to skip the Note 5" camp... Until I stopped by the Verizon store just to get a look.

This thing is FAST! So I just happened to have an old S3 with me and used it as the trade in for the $200 credit. The store had no 64 Gb versions so I had to order one. Signed up for overnight Saturday delivery and my new Note 5 is on the way. I am keeping the Note 4 as a back up for now.

The loss of removable battery and an SD card were a concern but the fact I have a quick charger at home, in my car and at work helped me overcome the battery issue. I'm a big Dropbox, Drive and Onedrive user so I should be fine with 64 Gb of storage on board.

The RAW camera option is a really big plus along with the speed of the operating system. It is just so smooth and fast. The other features I find hard to resist are the ability to add apps to the S Pen menu and being able to write on the black screen without opening an app.

I was certain I could hold out for the Note 6, I failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007