Connecting note 5 to computer

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to get some pictures off my sdcard on to my note 5 but need to connect it to my computer to do so. How do I do this? I've plugged it in and it won't do anything but charge.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Swipe down on the notification bar, select the charging notification and change it to mtp

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

countgen

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I actually went ahead and registered just so I could reply to this last post...

You asked a question, got a little advice, figured it out, took the time to post that you figured it out but didn't say what the solution was...you know, just in case someone else might be having the same issue. Really?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually went ahead and registered just so I could reply to this last post...

You asked a question, got a little advice, figured it out, took the time to post that you figured it out but didn't say what the solution was...you know, just in case someone else might be having the same issue. Really?

This is the solution:

Swipe down on the notification bar, select the charging notification and change it to mtp

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I've been having this problem. Sprint note 5. 4 computers wouldn't recognise the phone. Tried multiple charging blocks, all fast charging, multiple fast charging cables. The phone also wouldn't fast charge, and the cell signal was bad. Even though Hubby has the same phone on the same network. I also cleared the cashe, multiple restarts, "pulled the battery", and factory reset 3 times, once being in the recovery mode. I took it to Sprint, they changed the charging port, the battery, the touch screen/digitizer. Still same problem. They have decided that the motherboard is bad and my replacement should be here in a few days. Sometimes, you just need to bite the bullet and bring it in to be serviced.

Posted via the Android Central App

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Try to back mine up before installing Marshmellow and got it to show up once and it dropped before I could back up hardly anything. Stock cable and Anker cable. Not pleased. Verizon junk shows up every time, but drops after about a minute.

crf450r420

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Think I finally figured out mine. I had to open that verizon drive and install the drivers in there. The ones I got from Samsung site don't work, but this one is work at least for now.

WichitaCindy

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
"Swipe down on the notification bar, select the charging notification and change it to mtp."

Except when I swipe down, I see no way to select a charging notification. I've looked everywhere.

On a different thread were instructions for moving photos from the device to Google Drive. I followed them, and it seemed to be working. Eventually it just stopped. Two photos were moved. 2,000 were lost in the ether somewhere. I'm kicking myself for not "copying" rather than moving.

This problem with moving photos from my phone to my computer may be the dealbreaker with the Note 5. It's a ridiculous issue to have in 2016.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
"Swipe down on the notification bar, select the charging notification and change it to mtp."

Except when I swipe down, I see no way to select a charging notification. I've looked everywhere.

On a different thread were instructions for moving photos from the device to Google Drive. I followed them, and it seemed to be working. Eventually it just stopped. Two photos were moved. 2,000 were lost in the ether somewhere. I'm kicking myself for not "copying" rather than moving.

This problem with moving photos from my phone to my computer may be the dealbreaker with the Note 5. It's a ridiculous issue to have in 2016.

You may wish to try;
If you don't have Developer Options option: Settings>About Phone>Baseband version - tap on this until you get a notice that Developer Options is activated (about 7 times).
Settings>Developer Options>USB Configuration>MTP for media in general or PTP for pictures>back out to Home Screen

pyroty

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
USB config is not in my developers options. I've had this issue for a while now all I'm trying to do is clear all of the junk out of my phone from the invisible trash folder.

malamute63

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm imagining that most of these responses are from U.S.A. phones with local carriers, i've had no luck with this issue,i'm on an international version of Note 5. Just got the phone back from Samsung service and still can't get the phone recognized by a Windows 7 computer

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08