What do you love/hate about your Note 5 so far compared to your previous device?

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Name your previous phone and just what are your tops dislikes or likes on your Note 5 compared to your previous phone...

Had Lg G4 for a lil while but note long enough to use as a comparison. so going to use my LG G2

1. its soooooooo SNAPPY! - i find myself clearing task manager, out of habit even though ive found no apparent lag
2. more of a samsung thing - Kid mode I LOVE IT!!!
3. i actually like that i can set msg tones for individual contacts. with G2 i had to use textra.. I DONT like that i cant change individual conversation backgrounds and bubbles (on the g2 you can) (on and i dont think note has colorful led which i do like)
4. i HATE the limited option for the home tray icons. can only use 4 of my choosing (cant move app icon) LG G2 i can choose 7 and move app icon
5. THE BATTERY LIFE SO FAR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!! -- unboxed it at 43% stayed in the bestbuy store for 2.5 hours browsing.. i stayed on my sprint lte network (in building not great signal) was able to download ALL my apps (over 100), updates, get emails, post on fb and here, text, even watch youtube reviews on some stuff, as well as browse web for reviews (so HEAVY usage) got home battery was at 19% which compared to my g2 is really great!

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello! Let's see I've been with the Galaxy Line a while now S3, 4 and 5 along with the Note 3, 4 and now yay the 5.

I just got my phone set up an hour other 2 ago so in still getting a feel for it.
LOVE;
VERY speedy and sensitive to the touch.
I love the long scroll capture
I like the ability to have say smaller font in text but larger text on rest of phone
Camera is amazing (photography is my passion)
Actually downloaded a different font too
I usually use third party text app but am giving stock a try. Like the quick reply option
Ehhh so so on;
Light Flow is working around the LED which I use to be able to customize. I like that feature so I know if I really need to get my phone or if it's just not important
I'm still adjusting to no SD card. Side sync didn't work (my home WiFi is the issue not the phines) so I had to put everythang on computer then Note 5.
Don't like that in Stock text I can't change the main screen. I'd prefer dark instead of the bright white. I may have to go back to YAATA so I can customize as I wish.

That's it in a nutshell so far I believe

Posted via the Android Central App

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh n I might add I have lil hands so those rounded edges n that small size adjustment make it the perfect fit. BUT it is slippery even with a case I ordered from amazon lol. I'm gonna get summin with a lil more grip to it

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh n I might add I have lil hands so those rounded edges n that small size adjustment make it the perfect fit. BUT it is slippery even with a case I ordered from amazon lol. I'm gonna get summin with a lil more grip to it

I find its almost impossible to text laying down with 2 hands in portrait mode.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I came from the Motorola Droid Turbo.

Its not that i didn't like the turbo, just wanted the note5 too lol. I have had the notes 2 3 4.

What i am enjoying so far is the camera is awesome, and superfast. I also have missed the Spen, and love the improvements.

Oh, and using the fingerprint for lock screen. It is super easy to set up, and works great. I have 4 fingers programmed and all 4 unlocked it with a simply touch.

The phone doesn't "feel" like a note when you hold it, feels too small. Even with my tech21 case on it lol.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I came from iPhone 6 plus.

This is my first note phone and first Sammy phone since s3.

I love how beautiful the screen is, love the haptic feedback...so subtle but it's there.
S-PEN is really fun to use
TouchWiz actually isn't that bad
Don't think I'm going to stick with the stock keyboard.
Love how you can change themes
It's so sexy!
Don't find the battery to be as good as the iPhone 6 plus unfortunately. But maybe the battery just needs to get broken in a bit.

ProudArian

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I came from a Note 3...

I love the screen, new TouchWiz UI, and the option to change themes. I also like the new keyboard look, as well as the awesome camera.

What I don't like is the new Calendar.. there doesn't seem to be a quick sync option for my work calendar..matter of fact, my work calendar (Exchange) is not showing up under the calendar options at all.

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Changing the themes is game changer for me... I never kept my phone stock longer then 3 mins of buying them...im keeping TouchWiz.. Phone is fast, I pray it don't slow down

Posted via Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I came from the S6 active and I wish the Note5 was water/dust/dirt resistant as well as temperature extreme resistant. I guess that'll be the case with the rumored Note5 active, but I don't plan on getting that because I love the fingerprint sensor on the Note5 too much.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm coming from the Note 4 and what I didn't like was the fingerprint swipe. Note 5 is way better. Fingerprint work 99% of the time. What I don't like on the N5 is the slippery back. The National was better there. I didn't use a case for the N4 bur it's a must for the N5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Old Phone: Nokia Lumia 1520
New Phone: Note 5

-I'm loving the display. I compared it to my Lumia 1520 and my friends LG G4 phone and they cannot compare.
-Loving how speedy and quick it is even with several applications running.
-Definitely looks and feels great in my hand. Unsure what is the craze with the G4 though it feels really cheap..
-S-Pen is fun and responsive to do drawings and make notes.
-What my Nokia Lumia 1520 did tremendously better in was its power management and ability to hold a charge much longer.
-I also feel the Windows operating system is much more neatly designed compared to the Android operating system in general.
-Front Camera on the Note 5 surpasses my Lumia 1520. Not too sure on the back camera they both seem relatively great :).
-App locking actually works! Windows phones doesn't have that functionality.
-Fingerprint security is soo juicy <3 Yah I love it.

Overall the Note 5 has blown me away and more. Just the battery seems lacking. I'm unsure if I got a dud or its just I have too many things running such as notifications. I haven't turned off any of those yet nor am I using any power saving modes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I went from Note 4 to S6/S6 edge. I like how the Note 5 sort of combines the features of the S6 & Note. I also like the curved back. It feels a lot better in the hand.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I came from the S6 active and I wish the Note5 was water/dust/dirt resistant as well as temperature extreme resistant. I guess that'll be the case with the rumored Note5 active, but I don't plan on getting that because I love the fingerprint sensor on the Note5 too much.

Looks like I am following your lead....Ha

Im coming from the s6 Active as well and just got home from Best Buy with it and it's on the charger right now since it was at 20% at the store.

I have had the Notes before (1-3) and liked them a lot.

I haven't set it up yet but will in a few minutes.

What do I like more about it.
1) More internal memory I got the 64 gig model
2) The display. My Active was frigging awesome, but pales by comparison on all 4 modes
3) The s-pen. I didn't use it all the time before, but so far the new one is a lot better from the other ones I used. Quick note on the lock screen is pretty cool too

My worries.
1) Battery life. The Active was the best I ever had.... Period
2) No waterproofing. Big worry for my job.
3) Loudness...

1 may not be a big deal but #2 is a very big deal and #3 I have to really explore and test to see just how well it does or doesn't do.

I was going to wait until I knew for sure if the Active version of the note was coming out, but my son wanted my Active since I had already seen how solid a phone it was, and took it over and I came home with the n5 on his upgrade. The icing on the cake was doing this at Best Buy and getting not only a $200 gift card, but since I bought 3 accessories got a additional & 45 dollar gift card to boot. So all in all it was a great deal on a new phone for me.

I am still ticked about not having a removable SD card and hopefully that will be addressed with a similar case that came out for the s6, but in the mean time I still have my micro USB drive that I can utilize. I got the 64 gig one so that should work for the most part right now.

For better or worse I'm in now so we go from here.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had a Note before and it is certainly the largest phone I have had... so only having it one day may not mean a lot at this point. But.... I must say that I really like the size and the screen is pretty phenomenal. I did a JUMP from the Galaxy s6 edge, which I really disliked for a number of reasons.. and am finding this phone a completely different experience.

First of all, I really like the larger screen and the edge-to-edge layout I very nice. I've watched several videos on it from different sources... TV news, AC Podcast, etc., and the color rendition is beyond belief in my opinion. I had an iPhone 6 (sorry guys) for about 6 months and it didn't come close. The screen on the Galaxy s6 edge was better than the iPhone as well. That said, it seems that the software plays much better on the Note 5 than it did on the s6 edge. Very smooth, no lag and not at all glitchy. So that part of the experience is great to say the least.

I am looking forward to learning how to maximize the S Pen. I have never used a stylus with any phone so this is a new experience as well. Looks like it can do a lot of things for me from a business perspective. I can take notes on the screen without opening the phone when I am with customers, etc. So that will be a lot of fun learning how to use it.

Not sure what else to say... I have used smartphones for years... I go as far back as having one of Motorola's first brick (3.5 pound) cell phones. And the car phone where you had a box the size of the State of Texas in your trunk... guess I'm dating myself... but this phone is something else all together. Sorry if I kind of sound like a kid in a candy store. But I haven't been as enthusiastic about a phone since I got my very first Blackberry all those years ago. This phone is gorgeous in its design and look like its going to perform just as well.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from the Note 4, and lovin' this phone.

The RAW shooting capabilities of the camera was the first thing that started tugging at me. Then seeing that I could add my own choice of apps to the S Pen Menu made me stop off at my local Verizon store just for a touch. (I did pack away an old S3 in my pocket for trade in just in case)

The two biggest issues I had with the Note 4 was the lag when going to view all open apps and the lag when opening the gallery from the camera. So these are the first two things I tested when I got my hands on a Note 5. All I can say about the results is I'm typing this from my new Note 5 today. Phone is FAST & SMOOTH.

Being able to start a note on the black screen as soon as you remove the S Pen is awesome for me. I use the pen throughout my work day, every day. I've had the Note 2, 3, 4 and now 5. The S Pen is the reason I don't even look at any other phone for my use. Nothing compares.

BTW, awesome thread Delirious D.

Last edited: