Can fast charging be disabled like it can on Note 4?

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 yesterday, and I am curious if fast charging can be disabled on the phone. The Note 4 had a toggle to enable/disable in battery settings as the Note 5 does not. I just want to disable it when I do not need to quick charge it all the time. I still believe charging batteries quickly reduces the battery life span. Other than that the phone is absolutely wonderful, and batter life seems great. Thanks

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 yesterday, and I am curious if fast charging can be disabled on the phone. The Note 4 had a toggle to enable/disable in battery settings as the Note 5 does not. I just want to disable it when I do not need to quick charge it all the time. I still believe charging batteries quickly reduces the battery life span. Other than that the phone is absolutely wonderful, and batter life seems great. Thanks

Doesn't appear to be an option. I have yet to see a way to turn off the fast charge as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

tmp3150

Banned
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Just use a regular Samsung charger. Not the one that came with it.

I'm don't see the on/off feature for the quick charge an issue. If you don't want the fast charge, then use a regular charger.

Posted via the Android Central App using thevAT&T Note 5, 64Gig

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
As I said, I feel like any battery that gets charged fast, it reduces the battery life span overall. Plus most people plug the phone in before going to bed, so why fast charge it over night?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
As I said, I feel like any battery that gets charged fast, it reduces the battery life span overall. Plus most people plug the phone in before going to bed, so why fast charge it over night?

You feel like it reduces the battery life or you know because there is proven study that shows this?

These batteries were made to charge fast, that isn't new technology, though it is newer technology to cell phones.

samsungnian

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Samsung seems to emphasize and make a big deal out of fast charge. I am loving it on Note 5. Was there a study or evidence fast charge feature having impact to the life of battery, at least on Note 4?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung seems to emphasize and make a big deal out of fast charge. I am loving it on Note 5. Was there a study or evidence fast charge feature having impact to the life of battery, at least on Note 4?

Any study I have seen has shown that if it degrades any, it isn't even a noticeable amount.

Terry Hoang

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Yes you can. On my international dual sim note 5 I can.

Settings
Than go to accessories

You should see the fast charging option

Lendek

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes you can. On my international dual sim note 5 I can.

Settings
Than go to accessories

You should see the fast charging option

Could you be so kind and describe me where exactly do you see "accessories" menu?
I'm asking because I have the same model of note5 like You, but I can't find this menu :(

I really would like to turn fast recharging off, because I exactly know from my experiences with Samsung galaxy note edge, that during days when my battery has been recharged via fast mode battery was empty around after 13 hours of using, but when I ve chosen regular recharging then daily battery life was prolonged even to 20 hours.
So that's why your helomis so important for me :)