Veteran Note users... how do you use Multi Window?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Received my Galaxy Note 5 on Tuesday, and I'm really loving it!

The features are robust and very useful... love the ability to quickly take a note with the screen still turned off, put the S-Pen back in it's silo, and carry on! I also love the ability to have the Note not require that I unlock it when I'm at a safe place, such as my home or car!

One feature that I really feel can be extremely useful is multi window... I just haven't figured out how best to use it!

Can any of you that have owned a Note, Note 2, 3 or 4 share how you used multi-window to save time? Any other tips with using S Note or Action Memo? Actually, I'm knd of confused on when to use S Note, and when to use Action Memo.... I like that S Note is tied to my Evernote account, so S Notes are backed up automatically... when do you use Action Memos?

Thanks in advance!

Oh... did I mention that I LOVE this phone!

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hold down button to the left of home button. Will bring up recent apps. Will bring up apps to use in either top or bottom parts of screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
solo
Thanks, but I didn't mean "how do you use it", I meant, "how have you used it to make your life easier, or do things you couldn't do with another phone"...

For example, I'm in real estate, and often look at apartment buildings for sale. I have to take the information from the listing, and put it in a spreadsheet to analyze the property.

Normally, I have to jump to the listing (Chrome), find out what the annual income is, for example, then jump back to Excel and enter the data into my spreadsheet. Now, I have to go BACK to chrome, find some other figure that's shown in the listing, then jump BACK to excel again, to enter it into my spreadsheet.... it's a pain the the ****....

Being able to have the listing on the top half of the screen, and a spreadsheet on the bottom of the screen means that I don't have to go back and forth, between Chrome and the spreadsheet, to view the numbers and then put them in the spreadsheet! (I typically do this on my PC, but I'm just giving an example of where multi window would come in handy)

Thanks....

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
For tests/lessons, I open my book in 1 window and my answer sheet in the other. Then I drag and drop the answer from 1 window to the other.

I use the SPen to clip pics, add directions or info about the place and add to my scrapbook for vacations. I open it up and everywhere we planned to go is there with address, directions, phone #, etc.

I use the SPen throught the day for whatever. Keeps my screen clean and fingerprint free.

Be aware I'm still using the 4, but from the videos I've watched on the 5, these capabilities are still there.

mi7chy

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
There are so many use cases. Just imagine what you do on your desktop or laptop with multiwindow. Just one of many is the ability to have two browsers opened to view, for example, two different live blogs of new product announcement. Chrome version 36 if I recall correctly allowed two instances but stopped with more recent versions so you have to use Chrome and stock Samsung browser.

Miller6386

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I will admit I don't think I have utilized the multi window feature. However I can think of many many times where/when I should but I forget

OP, on the Note 4 there is a great option for copying and pasting. You can retrieve many items from the clipboard with the stock keyboard.

Note 4tified

Glowie713

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Good morning fellow note users
On the note 5 do you know if theres a way to shut off multi screen on my note 4 you could do you it, I'm in car sales and the app I'm using I need to restore my info from Dropbox but the task button on the note 5 doesn't act as a second setting button when you hold it if theres no settings on the screen
Just want to if theres a way around it

mtiger10

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I've only been a Note 4 user for a week but I've discovered you can drag pics from gallery to email/text using multi window

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Good morning fellow note users
On the note 5 do you know if theres a way to shut off multi screen on my note 4 you could do you it, I'm in car sales and the app I'm using I need to restore my info from Dropbox but the task button on the note 5 doesn't act as a second setting button when you hold it if theres no settings on the screen
Just want to if theres a way around it

Long press the Back button (right of home) for the hardware menu key.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I asked this in another thread and was directed here. I am a long time note user back to note 1, and have been a very active multi window user all that time. What gets me on the Note 5 is that I cannot get links in one app to automatically open the multi window feature for the browser.

ie.. I'm reading twitter, and I click on a link. On previous notes it opened the browser in a new multi window at the bottom of the screen. Twitter on top, and browser on bottom. Cool.. With the Note 5, it opens the browser as a complete lonely window. I then have to use the previous apps button to return to Twitter... not terrible, but I like the old way better. It used to do this with many different app combinations. I can still do it, but I have to manually set it up each time, kind of a pain.

Am I missing something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000