only 1 complaint with note 5 speaker

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone is great and much better then note edge.

Only issue is when I hold the phone in my hand I tend to use my right thumb holding the bottom which then covers the speaker.

They should move the speaker to the left.

Anyone else have this issue or am I just special?

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I hold my phone with my right hand and because of the size of the phone, my pinky holds the phone up and covers the speaker... Not a big issue though

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
At this point in my phone searching I have given up on a quality speaker. I know there are some MFG's that are much better than others, but, I just expect the speaker will suck this way I'm not disappointed. Samsung has historically not had the best speakers and this phone is no exception...

I also tend to slightly cover the speaker with my pinky. One plus of speaker location is when I set it down, and I get a notification, I can still hear it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 speaker was louder than the Note 5 and S6E, IMO. I guess it is just the location. Even the the Note 4 speaker being on the back, it was really loud even if I had the phone sitting on the bed.

The only time I have noticed it being and issue is when having the top down on my car and on the interstate. It might be that I require a Bluetooth. I have one in my car that goes through my speakers, so that isn't an issue. I really need the mic for it moved because sometimes people have a hard time hearing me on that Bluetooth if I have the top down.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised the speaker is as loud as it is. The note3 had the speaker on the bottom and was not near loud enough.

The note4 was better, and i liked the raised grill to keep it from being muffled.

My note5 is loud enough that when its in my car in its holder i can speaker talk and hear just fine.

I also realize the speaker on the notes will never be "quality loud" so i dont even judge on that. But watching videos on the phone or playing music while im getting ready for work, its good enough.

sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDCard!