smart lock issues

udrunner

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The smart lock doesn't seem to be working for me. I have my zenwatch connected, and a trusted location of home set, yet I always have to enter my password to open the phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine works great. You didn't say you Bluetooth device was also set as a trusted device. If not you must select it as a trusted device.

On my Note 4 I had issues with my home location as a trusted location as did many others. I went in and added several points all around my house (neighbors on both sides and across the street) as trusted locations. This was the answer for me, worked fine after that. On my Note 5 I haven't had to do that.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
One thing that bugs me about Smart Lock is it deactivates after 4 hours of inactivity... I think 4 hours is a good amount of time, but they could be a little better about informing us about that requirement.

udrunner

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The watch is added as trusted. Maybe it's just timing out on me, because naturally since I posted this, it's worked.

sixxdv22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I love this feature....late to the game on it because i didn't pay it much attention....but now that i use it on a regular basis.....I LOVE IT!!!!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I use it with my car's bluetooth as a trusted device and it works correctly (unlocking without fingerprint) in my car, If yours is still inconsistent, you might want to try removing it as a trusted device and then re-adding it as a trusted device (if you haven't already). Good luck.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you're using Corporate email that has security policy, it may override the smart lock feature even though it lets you add a trusted device.

smithilberry

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
One thing that bugs me about Smart Lock is it deactivates after 4 hours of inactivity... I think 4 hours is a good amount of time, but they could be a little better about informing us about that requirement.

Thank you! This makes sense. Now at least I understand why it gets deactivated sometimes!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood