Note 5 not syncing with Fitbit

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems syncing their Fitbit with the Note 5? If you have a solution please share...thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

rustypixel

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I haven't really paid attention to it much since I've had blue tooth off most of the day but that will change tomorrow. I'l have the BT on all day to give the N5 a real-world battery workout for the little bit I did have BT on yesterday I didn't seem to have an issue syncing the Fitbit.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I haven't really paid attention to it much since I've had blue tooth off most of the day but that will change tomorrow. I'l have the BT on all day to give the N5 a real-world battery workout for the little bit I did have BT on yesterday I didn't seem to have an issue syncing the Fitbit.

Not sure what happened but I finally got the Fitbit to sync worth the note 5...just persistence I guess!

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't know much about the fitbit, but I can verify that it syncs perfectly with my Gear 2 Neo.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I had a hard time yesterday with it. I had to close out the app a couple times and actually restarted the phone and then it synced. A little off topic, is it good practice to restart the phone each day? I use to work in an area where I couldn't have my phone so I'd shut it off to save the battery, but now I've moved to a different area and have my phone on me all day.

32GB Note 5 Verizon

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I had a hard time yesterday with it. I had to close out the app a couple times and actually restarted the phone and then it synced. A little off topic, is it good practice to restart the phone each day? I use to work in an area where I couldn't have my phone so I'd shut it off to save the battery, but now I've moved to a different area and have my phone on me all day.

32GB Note 5 Verizon

I don't think it's necessary to restart your phone, but I don't think it hurts other than maybe shutting down all the apps running.

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Well it's at it again, won't sync. Tried restarting, turning the Bluetooth off. Nothing works

32GB Note 5 Verizon

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Well I ended up restarting my fitbit surge and that got it. Again today it wasn't syncing, restarted the phone and it worked. Looked around on fitbit website and they said note 5 isn't compatable with marshmallow (don't have it yet). Might have to make a change to a different GPS watch. Not looking for emails and text messages on my watch, just want like fitbit with steps, food, water, GPS, stairs, etc. If anyone has any suggestions?

32GB Note 5 Verizon

Last edited:

Donna M Miller

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Jawbone UP3. According to the Jawbone folks the Note 5 isn't compatible with it yet. So I was looking at the fitbit...Looks like it isn't compatible either. When I look at the fitbit compatible devices Note 5 is not in the list.:-\

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem with the Jawbone UP3. According to the Jawbone folks the Note 5 isn't compatible with it yet. So I was looking at the fitbit...Looks like it isn't compatible either. When I look at the fitbit compatible devices Note 5 is not in the list.:-\
I have the Fitbit Charge HR, and it syncs just fine.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I've had no issue with my Charge HR either. Wonder if it's something about the Surge. Almost got the Surge. Maybe I'm glad now I didn't!

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems syncing their Fitbit with the Note 5? If you have a solution please share...thanks!

You have to manually reset your fitbit. Ever model is different. You'll have to refer to the fitbit site to see how to reset it. I had the flex and when it would die and I fully charge it, it would stop syncing. Restarting it did the trick.

Jessica Whitaker

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me on my Note 5:
was trying to pair my fitbit Charge HR through the regular process within the Bluetooth setting on the phone. The Charge would appear as a device but when I tried to pair it I would receive "Paired rejected by Charge HR".
I then went into the Fitbit app on my phone, went to "Devices", touched "Charge HR" icon, not the sync on the right side of the screen but the actual Icon of the device on the left side. Then touched "Call Notifications, not the "On/Off" toggle on the right of the screen, but the actual words "Call Notification" on the left. Received a message that the device had to be paired. Selected "OK" on the message and it paired my Charge HR with the phone and I started receiving call notifications on my

ZL1

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
You have no idea how much time and frustration you have saved me. Multiple calls to Fitbit help desk were worthless because all they wanted to do was send me new ones. I now have 3 due to their incompetence. Thank you for sharing...works perfectly now!

hlspring

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone solved the Jawbone UP3 issue? I'm on my second one from their support desk and it still refuses to pair with my Note 5. I was thinking about switching to the Fitbit now, but was hoping I wouldn't have to go through the hassle of switching.