Need a new wireless charger - advice

k3m1c6

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a cheapo one I bought and used with,an adapter on my Note 3. It has worked great. No issues at all!

Posted via the Android Central App

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Had this LG one for a couple years now still going strong. Been through 3 phones including the Note 5 now. I believe Verizon sells these still in store even though I've been with AT&T forever they never carried these. About $40.

cgr1971

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the Samsung charger I got for the Best Buy promotion. Charges for a little while then stops and starts blinking blue.

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My free Samsung one from BB does the same. I exchanged it for another one of the same at BB, and while it does seem to work better, it still fails. I do have a Tylt Vu however and that works flawlessly. Samsung really needs to fix whatever is going on here with their charger, it says it is compatible, but doesn't really seem to be

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

zero157h7

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The Tilt Vu is one of my favorite chargers out there. The Spigen mentioned earlier is basically a cheap knock off of that and it works maybe just as good as the Tylt. You can also search eBay and Amazon for 3 coil qi charger or something like that and find the same one as that Spigen by different companies even cheaper (it's made by some random chinese manufacturer and these companies, Spigen included, are just slapping their name over it.) While I like the Vu better the price difference is huge. The 3 coil thing is the key though. They are in different spots and that makes it easier to hit a coil because different phones have it in different spots.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I ordered this one made by Spigen. Should have it in a day or two. I've tried the small one that I got free with the phone and it stops charging during the night. I'm presently using the larger qi charger Samsung used to sell and it works but the phone will slide around on it. Hoping this upright style will work better. It also has three coils allowing for better charger contact with the phone and no so finicky about placement. Amazon.com: Wireless Charger, Spigen® [Wireless Charging Pad] 3 Coil Charger [F300W] Premium Wireless / Qi Charging Stand Only for Qi Enabled Phones Galaxy Note 5/Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6/S6 Edge/Tablets Only - F300W (SGP11480): Cell Phones & Accessor

Did your device come with a 2amp adapter or 1 amp? I'm thinking of trying this, but I only have a 1 amp adapter.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Im using Nokia wireless charger that i bought for my lumia 930 and it charges fast about an hour and a half to full. Even with case on

Niqui

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Tylt Vu and I've had no issues with it at all. I got it when I bought my S6 Edge and use in on a regular basis. It had no problems with that phone or my new Note 5..It works with any case I've had on either phone. From a Spigen Neo Hybrid CC to Urban Armor Gear to Otterbox Commuter..

I do notice with the Note 5 it works best if it's on the dock in Landscape however that doesn't bother me at all.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Did your device come with a 2amp adapter or 1 amp? I'm thinking of trying this, but I only have a 1 amp adapter.

It is supposed to be delivered today so I can't say for sure. From what I've read on Amazon it appears that no charging adapter is included but a 2 amp is recommended. I have plenty 1 and 2 amp wall adapters laying around so I don't need one with the unit if it's not included.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I received mine from Amazon yesterday. My first thought, I was a little surprise at how sturdy it is, considering it was only $20. I think my expectations were a little low. It has a rubber ring around the bottom so it stays put on my nightstand very well. It was also no issue getting it to charge, as in not having to move it around to find the right spot to get it to charge. I'm not sure how long it took to charge, all I know is I put it on the charger at about 30% around 11pm and when I took it off the charger at 5:30 am it was fully charged.

It does not come with a wall charger, just the cable. No issue as I have several 2A chargers. I will likely be getting 2 more of these in the near future. My wife and youngest daughter are already trying to jack this one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 707.jpg
    707.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 36

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I got this one from Amazon yesterday and it worked flawlessly! Woke up and the red charging led on my phone was still lit, as well as the led on the charger saying it was connected. Phone was cool, and it was at 100%. I LOVE the fact that it's tilted/angled as well.

Wireless Charger, Spigen® [Wireless Charging Pad] 3 Coil Charger [F300W] Premium Wireless / Qi Charging Stand Only for Qi Enabled Phones Galaxy Note 5/Galaxy S6 Edge Plus/S6/S6 Edge/Tablets Only - F300W (SGP11480) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGIA0W...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4641260

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz