How awkward is the Note5 + gym

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting the Note5 tomorrow and was just wondering how it will be to bring the Note to the gym for music. Do you have any experience with it? Or is it too big and too expensive to bring it along?

Posted via the Android Central App

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I usually use the S6 at the gym but only when I'm on the treadmill.
Although smaller than a Note, it's still cumbersome to carry in my pocket.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have note 5 and it's not an issue. Same as my note 4.. I've taken the 4 to the gym almost every day for the past year. It fits comfortablely in my gym shorts and I use Bluetooth headset... On treadmill I just put it on the treadmill while I run..

Note 5 is DOPE

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no issue with it in my pocket but most of the time (99%) I'm using my LG Tone+ Bluetooth headset so I set it somewhere safe and pick it up to move it if I change areas of the gym. Worked the same with Note 4.

Grolley

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am going out on a limb here, but this topic has less to do with your phone and a lot to do with you. Stop caring about what others think(If this is it a "too big of a phone" issue"). If not, disregard. The reason I mentioned it, is because I have had this conversation before. Now that the Appleheads have larger phones, they don't ride you when they see yours. I bring mine, and did my Note 3 before the 5, and it is what it is. It is not much bigger than the S6. I have never had an issue, and it gets the job done! If you are not very good at taking care of your tech, I would not bring it. Dropping it off your lap while weight training, or laying it on the ground while weight training won't end well if you aren't careful. I don't use an arm band and I am mindful of placement when I use it. Either pocket, lap, floor.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if dropping it, sweating on it etc is a concern for u, but I just read an article from iDigital Times about a Note 5 Active releasing in November. May be worth the wait for u.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No problem at all. A little more careful now, being that it is a new phone. Gym shorts and use bluetooth. Not overly concerned, I use a otterbox commuter case.

djroy03

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. This is the biggest phone I've had in a number of years so just wanted to see if it was a bother to lug it to the gym, that's all. It sounds like it'll do fine in my pocket for the most part. I'll have a case on it and I'm normally careful with my gadgets.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The note 5 is lighter than the note 4 and smaller . I noticed that the note 4 would pull down on my shorts but it is better now with note 5. You'll be fine especially if you get some Bluetooth headphones like the jaybird x2

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Note 3, 4 and 5. I've used all of them at the gym doing HIIT workouts and running. I'm a small person and use an armband for it. Which I'm sure looks like a big screen TV on my arm lol but I could care less. It stays safe in place while I'm running n jumping around. I now have wireless beats n love them too.

glock115

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
While I love the note 5 I think having it slap against your leg while running and in basketball shorts is annoying. The weight of the phone is a little uncomfortable in loose pockets.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
This is what I do. I put my car keys, my wallet and my Note 4 in my fanny pack.

I can do what ever I want at the gym and I love it.

Never had an issue. I would never place the phone on the floor while I work out. That's just stupid.

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a runners pouch for when I r run.. With my note 4 I've ran dozens of 5ks and some half marathons. The pouch is so thin you can't even notice it under my tee shirt. The Note 4 fit perfectly in it... Ran my first 5k yesterday with my note 5 and again, fits in pouch perfect and don't even know it's there.

Note 5 is DOPE

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I leave mine in my bag, and use my wireless headphones. Works just fine that way.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I agree. I use the S6 Edge. At first, I tried to run (on a treadmill) with it in my pocket. It looked pretty silly bouncing around. Since then, I hold it in my hand when running.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

I agree. I use the S6 Edge. At first, I tried to run (on a treadmill) with it in my pocket. It looked pretty silly bouncing around. Since then, I hold it in my hand when running.

smrdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a moto x (2014) and use it frequently at the gym. For gym use only, I use the Verizon hard shell holster case and clip it to my shorts. It is a bit large, but it works. I really like the Note 5, but am concerned about the size of it for certain day to day activities, including the gym, as well as the ability to use it one handed when walking my dog, etc. The Note 5 without a case is not much larger than my moto X with a bumper.
Given that this thread is 3 months old, any thought now that you've had some time with it?
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci