Wakelock Detector (no root required)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and was able to get wake lock detector to work without root.*Adb*is required. I installed the drivers that were available when first plugging in the phone. Then enabled developer options and usb debugging. Other than that you can follow the instructions linked to in the wake lock detector app page.*

If you think you have a wakelock issue (like fast drain when idle) then you can try to use it. Keep in mind it is a troubleshooting tool, it won't tell you to do X to fix the problem

uploadfromtaptalk1440438031387.jpg

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.uzumapps.wakelockdetector&token=oRh4DTdf

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

goitsme48

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by "Adb"... What do I need to do?

I got S6 Edge+ Friday and my battery drains during the night time (sleep) with constant "Stay Awake".
I have minimum apps installed... same as my previous Note 4 where I had absolutely no issues.

I would love to figure it out... I have enabled the "developer options" but not sure what you mean by Adb.

Thanks!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by "Adb"... What do I need to do?

I got S6 Edge+ Friday and my battery drains during the night time (sleep) with constant "Stay Awake".
I have minimum apps installed... same as my previous Note 4 where I had absolutely no issues.

I would love to figure it out... I have enabled the "developer options" but not sure what you mean by Adb.

Thanks!!
Click on the link in the previous post then look for under where it mentions for people who don't have root. It explains what you need to do.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

maciekpas

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
First of All I would like to say hello for everyone, becasue it's my first post on the Forum.

I have Galaxy S6 and my bateery is drained so fast, and I would like to find what app is responsible for that,

Is it possible to somone describe here how to install wakelock detector without root, I couldn't find desription in way mentioned in your posts

Thank you in advance for Your kindly help.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
First of All I would like to say hello for everyone, becasue it's my first post on the Forum.

I have Galaxy S6 and my bateery is drained so fast, and I would like to find what app is responsible for that,

Is it possible to somone describe here how to install wakelock detector without root, I couldn't find desription in way mentioned in your posts

Thank you in advance for Your kindly help.

Glad you joined Android Central, and good first question.

You could try GSam Battery Monitor as it will show details for which apps are using battery.

What dpham00 shares above is a great way to get a wakelock detector installed, and if I understand correctly, it does require some advanced adjustments on the phone and using the adb tool from your computer when it is connected to the Note 5 via a USB cable.

Thus trying GSam Battery Monitor is a good first step that does not require a wakelock detector, or the more detailed process and steps.