How can you remove slide to unlock and use fingerprint ID unlock?

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to bypass the slide to unlock while using the fingerprint scanner? I read something somewhere we I did it on the S6 but can't remember how to do it on the Note 5. I can see why you would need it for lock screen notifications but seems redundant if using the fingerprint ID. I want to be able to unlock the phone and input the fingerprint scanner right away to get to home screen. (note: removing the notifications lock screen still doesn't work). Thanks in advance.

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Odd.... Mine goes straight to the home screen once its unlocked with my fingerprint. You may want to go back and check your settings under lock screen.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry I was not clear with my post. I was talking about the slide to unlock BEFORE fingerprint lock appears. There is an initial slide to unlock input that has be done before I can initialize fingerprint. That is the step I want to eliminate as it seems unnecessary.

Sent from the Note 5

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If so it may have its own lock screen setting? But if yer running stock or a launcher that doesn't have its own lock screen, then those instructions are correct. It should look like this.

ac63513b156b19f8c77d33b1b96beec1.jpg

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party launcher? If so it may have its own lock screen setting? But if yer running stock or a launcher that doesn't have its own lock screen, then those instructions are correct. It should look like this.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/ac63513b156b19f8c77d33b1b96beec1.jpg

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Sprint PCS

No third party. Just stock. My settings screen looks like yours. Here is what I have. First screen show the slide to unlock and then the second screen has the fingerprint scan. The fingerprint scan does not work until I slide to unlock the first screen. I would like to hit the home button then scan my fingerprint right away to get to home screen. Right now I need to slide to unlock first.

I also have notification on lockscreen on if that matters.

2e0ca5a4af785279a0e27a2d1a33044f.jpg

6611d793d448b4eba12c96815a802f86.jpg

Sent from the Note 5

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No third party. Just stock. My settings screen looks like yours. Here is what I have. First screen show the slide to unlock and then the second screen has the fingerprint scan. The fingerprint scan does not work until I slide to unlock the first screen. I would like to hit the home button then scan my fingerprint right away to get to home screen. Right now I need to slide to unlock first.

I also have notification on lockscreen on if that matters.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/2e0ca5a4af785279a0e27a2d1a33044f.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/24/6611d793d448b4eba12c96815a802f86.jpg

Sent from the Note 5
Is your brand new from Verizon or used? I would do a factory reset and see if it removed it... It shouldn't be slide to unlock

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5!

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Notifications doesn't have anything to do with it, that just shows stuff like how many unread texts you got and stuff. If you have it on fingerprint, it definitely shouldn't be sliding to unlock first. Lets unlock it, so we can unlock it. Lol, no, that's not how it should work. I hate to say it, cuz setting up phones after ya get it like u want it sucks, but u may need to hard reset it.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
Sprint PCS

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
That lock icon is caused be a trusted device being connected. To remove it you have to disable the unlock when connected to a trusted device.

I had the same problem, and finally figured it out. I don't think it is working as intended, and might just be a bug.

Hope that helps.

Posted via the Android Central App

baggyp

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was able to reproduce the problem. The reason I dont see it happen is I use a Samsung Follio case that turns the screen on when I open it.

I can see how that would be annoying. I'll keep playing around with it to see if I can find a way around it.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Or it might

lock screen and security
Other security settings
Trusted agents
And if Google lock is enabled, disable it

And see if that removed that annoying lock icon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help! It was the Settings > Smart Lock > On-body detection was on. I thought it was my trusted devices but eliminated them and still nothing. It now works how it should!

Sent from the Note 5

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your help! It was the Settings > Smart Lock > On-body detection was on. I thought it was my trusted devices but eliminated them and still nothing. It now works how it should!

Sent from the Note 5
Edit: I tried turning on and off the Smart Lock settings and it seems bring the lock screen along with the fingerprint when any of the settings are on.

Sent from the Note 5

Vman2315

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have this same problem but with pattern unlock and it was after my phone uplated to 5.1.1 and I can even have none and a lock option and it still comes up with swipe to unlock

Vman2315

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I have done that went back and looked again it says "Lock the screen %s after it turns off automatically" So I have no idea why that is not staying on.

ABN187

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Any update on this issue? I have tried all troubleshooting tips given with no resolve. At this point the only way to not have the slide lock screen with advertising (annoying) is to disable the lock screen. This is not a very secure process and I find this to be a major glitch with the phone. I either have to have no security or get advertisements and go through 1 more unnecessary step to open my phone. The other issue is not being able to root the phone to resolve this issue as well. Samsung should do something about this!